Oakland Athletics

cappital92

Anyway, just from hearing "U Can't Touch This", Hammer loves the O-Town. So, I made an A's yellow jersey(Why should they have to fit in with a black jersey?), with an big Old English "O". And while it's a home alt, I also made a set of yellow pants with the white. Enjoy.

ayo.png

The O is way too big, doesn't go along with their identity, and the number is also way too big. The problem with the O is it doesn't appear anywhere else in their identity...and according to the font on my computer, this is an old english A:O.png

as far as the O not appearing in their identity package at all...wouldnt that be what makes it a concept??

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The O is way too big, doesn't go along with their identity, and the number is also way too big. The problem with the O is it doesn't appear anywhere else in their identity...and according to the font on my computer, this is an old english A:O.png

Beacause we all know that there is only one font in the world that is an Old English font, right?

:rolleyes:

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Well, typing an O and changing some striping really isn't a concept. I long for the day where we actually had original and thoughtful concepts on this board instead of people throwing things together in 5 minutes or using a photoshop filter and calling it a day.

491921005_881fbbd034.jpg

:blink: what is that from? why is the pitcher wearing yellow pants if the second baseman is wearing white ones?

The UniWatch blog tells the story:

? 1975 [All-Star Game]: The A?s had seven players and the manager on the squad, including five starters: P Vida Blue, 1B Gene Tenace, SS Bert Campaneris, LF Joe Rudi, and RF Reggie Jackson. From what I can tell, all players wore green stirrups and yellow sanitaries. The infielders wore green/yellow hats, yellow shirts, white pants. The outfielders wore green/yellow hats, green shirts, white pants. Vida Blue wore green/yellow hat, yellow shirt, yellow pants. Manager Alvin Dark wore a green/white hat, white shirt, white pants. The two bench players ? Rollie Fingers and Claudell Washington ? wore totally different combos. I also spotted a coach? (not Alvin Dark) wearing a white hat and green shirt. It was hard to find a good shot with all the players? in it, but I managed to pull at least a couple? with multiple players?.

Packers-2.png

• 2 weeks later...
So what is the point of an Olde English O when not only does it not fit with the team, it doesn't exist in their identity package?

I like different. That's what a real concept is to me. Taking something that doesn't fit the current team identity and making it into something you think works. I'm tired of people taking an already existing logo, changing a few stripes or colors and calling it an original concept.

My only complaint on the concept is that maybe...nope I like it the way it is.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived