Philly Flyers Orange

capn89

I think the crack or whatever is too big. It doesn't look like a crack it looks like a lightning bolt (I don't know. Maybe that's what you were going for).

See below.

ok im not much of a hockey fan whatsoever, but i really like that... i thought the same thing as patsox though as soon as i saw it, the crack is a bit too big and looks like a lightning bolt... everything else looks absolutely great...

I'm sorry my crack is so big :cry: *gets on his stair master and will NEVER GET OFF!!!!* lol I can play around with the logo a bit, though. It's not intended to look like a lightning bolt, but IS intended to have that generic "cartoon-ish" quality about it. I didn't want a logo with twenty-thousand points and bends as it's "crack" just something that you could see and say "hey, I see the Liberty Bell." But like I said, I'll play with the logo, see if I can't decrease the size of my crack.

I like it. A lot. If the New York Rangers can use the Statue of Liberty, then why can't the Philadelphia Flyers use the Liberty Bell?

Both are great representations of the local areas... even look at the Capitals. They've been using the Capitol Dome for quite a while now. If I never see a bell on the front of the jersey, so be it, but it's always bugged me that my favorite team hasn't ever had some sort of neat shoulder patch. The bell would work great there.

..insert the "ol #88 got his bell rung " joke here now....

damn Lindros coulda been a legend

lol I knew most people would assume Lindros with "88" and a Flyers jersey, but I used 88 simply because it was the easy to Copy, Flip and Paste on the other arm.

..insert the "ol #88 got his bell rung " joke here now....

damn Lindros coulda been a legend

The hockey world owes Scott Stevens a thank you.

Damn that Scott Stevens! Damn him to hell! ... wait, he already played in Jersey. NM then.

I would agree in making the crack a bit smaller, and I'm also not feeling the outline. I would just go with a strait gray out line with none of that shading.

Crack kills!

seriously, it looks like the Philadelphia Bell of the World Football League re-rendered in Flyers colors. How about something where the bell is tilted and the clapper is a hockey stick or a puck?

P

How about those...

Mets?

Packers?

Rangers?

Knicks?

Titans?

Owner of the New York Night Owls 1999 champions in the All World Football League.

Bells.gif

So my crack is pretty much still as large as ever *audience laughs*, but I did alter the design slightly all around. I tried smaller crack, and whacky jagged crack, but I just couldn't sniff it out. *a few laughs* Ultimately, I like the idea of having a big crack mostly because it stands out better when shrunken down. What I did change, however, was the placement of it to make it a little more true to the true thing. I was also thinking, how cool would it be to make some sort of team hat or something with a Flyer-ized Liberty Bell and on it, instead of "Pass & Stow" it had something like "Pass & Score?" lol But anyway, thanks for the comments. :)

I've seen a few Liberty Bell ideas for the Flyers, this one included, and none of them seem to look quite right. The crack is still too big here. I think the most important thing though is you need to include the wooden part above the bell. This just looks like a generic bell with a lightning bolt on it. I love the idea of the Flyers using the Liberty Bell, but I just haven't seen it executed effectively yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived