NFL Redesign Group Project

OldRamsFan

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone care to inform a newbie as to how you do this on a computer? I could sketch it out, but MAN it would take forever! Any help would be appreciated!

Hey, welcome to the boards. To make one, all you need are really a program, a template, and some ideas. I suggest getting the GIMP, Inkscape, or you can even use MS Paint!

There are 2 threads at the top of the Concepts board that will help you. First, Read the "Concepts FAQ and also the CCSLC FAQ on top of that post(in the post). Then, get some templates(you want "Raster" if you are using Paint, Gimp, or Photoshop) from the thread below that, and start coloring and drawing!

Drawing is a good starrt. I still draw a lot of my concepts. It is still hard for me to get my ideas on the computer, but the best thing I can tell you is practice, practice, PRACTICE. In your spare time practice drawing uniforms and logos, and look at other people's ideas. Then, when you think you've gotten it right, post it. People will be very helpful, unless you show a complete lack of effort.

Look around these boards, especially Concepts, but not only. Read the requests, sports logos talk, go to the lounge, talk general sports(refrain from fantasy for now :)). Oh, and don't forget to practice.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

GBM

Thanks, Ginger! You're a real lifesaver, as I've been sketching out uniform and logo concepts for YEARS, only to realize a few weeks ago that I wasn't the only one obsessed with this stuff! This is great! I hope to be posting soon, and thanks again for the help!

Sigs are for sissies.

Very nice looking concepts boys. The Jags looks amazing with the never used logo, and odd enough, the Bengals one looks pretty sweet too.

I would love to take a stab at one of these, but I have finals this week, Thursday is my last day of school, so, I might go ahead and try one then.

Well, was bored, and did this. Mainly just had fun and went wild, nothing too special...

Bengals_concept.png

I wasn't so sure about creamsicle and powder blue, but Jumpin' Jiminy, I like it. I especially like the homes, even though it has jersey side panel piping, whcih I usually don't like. But it loks good here.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Falcons.gif

For the next team:

Indianapolis Colts

or

Seattle Seahawks

Eagles green, Chiefs red, Cardinals yellow

Colors.gif

Cap'n. Nice work. I never thought those 3 colors would look good together, but you've managed to pull it off. I think the purple doesn't touch the red at any ppoint, and I think that's the key.

Also, thanks for taking the time to compile and post the "teams so far" post. That's very helpful.

Cap'n. Nice work. I never thought those 3 colors would look good together, but you've managed to pull it off. I think the purple doesn't touch the red at any ppoint, and I think that's the key.

Also, thanks for taking the time to compile and post the "teams so far" post. That's very helpful.

Thank you. I had trouble at first with the colors. Red & Purple just DO NOT go together. As for the "teams so far," I figured it'd be a help keeping track of what's been done as well as colors that have been used. :)

Dang it chucky! I was just working on the Seahawks. ^_^

Well I guess two concepts can't hurt. I'll be done with the 'Hawks in a bit.

Howdy. Any chance you could wait to apply the colors on your concept until Chucky specifies which ones he wants used, or is it too late? Thanks.

Dang it chucky! I was just working on the Seahawks. ^_^

Well I guess two concepts can't hurt. I'll be done with the 'Hawks in a bit.

Howdy. Any chance you could wait to apply the colors on your concept until Chucky specifies which ones he wants used, or is it too late? Thanks.

Well I'm done with the concept. If chucky is still working on his and is going to post it then I guess I could just recolor my Seahawks concept with the next set of colors.

...I dunno, it's up to you guys, but I'm done with the Holiday Hawks.

Archived