NCAA Bowl Games

axl007

- Utah (though I like Navy's as well)

- Memphis (Cousin used to play there, have family there, so it's kind of a sentimental thing for me. Plus, I just love the way it looks)

- Southern Miss (though Cincy's is very close. it's a great modern one, but that So Miss is just a bit better)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Crack At It-

Utah v. Navy

Personally...I'm a fan of tradition, when it is there of course, and Navy has that...therefore Game 1 goes to Navy.

Memphis v. FAU

I really have never liked the Memphis logo, but I'm a fan of crisp-clean-white helmets and the winged FAU logo is classy. Game 2 goes to FAU.

Cincinnati v. Southern Miss

Really...I don't like either of these helmets...but to me Cincy's helmet has no inspiration I HATE THE LOGO, and it is worse on a just black helmet. Game 3 winner... Southern Miss

New Mexico vs. Nevada

Similar logos, but I just like the Lobo look better, Game 4- New Mexico

brewerssig.jpg

Boise State, but mostly for the colors... I am not overly fond of the Bronco, and I like it even less with the wordmark. That's one of my biggest pet peeves on a helmet is logo+wormark.

That is my biggest pet peeve. Logos on wordmarks = very bad. ECU would not beat a lot of teams, but they beat Boise State in my book.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Navy (I can't vote for the Utes on anything)

FAU

USM (because of, among other things, the helmet lettering, although what you've got there is close to what they use but not quite)

HA HA! Utes won!!!! :P just messin with ya bro. But Utes won!!!! Go Utes!!!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Here's mine for the second three:

-New Mexico (definitely a better logo that Nevada)

-BYU (I've always liked their new look, glad they got rid of the gold)

-ECU (It's very nice and simple, Boise St. would win if they had just the bronco on there. A wordmark and logo on a helmet is too much)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Motor City Bowl

Purdue is a classic, but that Cent. Mich is growing on me (I don't know why). No stripes, but...

WINNER: CENTRAL MICHIGAN

motorcitybowl.png

Holiday Bowl

Arizona State is unique, and Texas is classicly simple.

I'll go for unique.

WINNER: ARIZONA STATE

holdaybowl.png

CLHEL2.png

I'd have to disagree on the michigan state. You didn't show the side of the FSU helmet with the badass spear/feather on it, and Michigan State's logo is a terrible underachievement. One of the greatest mascots in all of sports, the Spartan, deserves something a little less clip-art looking.

I'd have to disagree on the michigan state. You didn't show the side of the FSU helmet with the badass spear/feather on it, and Michigan State's logo is a terrible underachievement. One of the greatest mascots in all of sports, the Spartan, deserves something a little less clip-art looking.

Uhhh, that's BC's helmet, and they don't have logos on theirs.

As for my likes:

Central Michigan

Arizona St, BARELY. 2 of the best helmets IMO.

Michigan St

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Arizona State vs. Texas might be the best battle of the helmets. Both have two of the greatest logos in college sports.

But you have to go with Texas based a lot on tradition. As great as the Sun Devil is, that silhouette Longhorn is as classic as you can get.

Archived