Official AFL season 2008 thread

kingroadz

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, that new StKilda jumper doesn't have the Official AFL patch down the bottom with the manufacturer on it.

It might still be a mockup.

And I've just been seeing the same jumper in various pictures.

And that 'collar' thing was actually re-inforcing, so the seams where the front & back meet, didn't rip apart.

Same with the White re-inforcing stripe down the middle.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Geelong have their new 'old' logo on both of their jumpers, the Away jumper you've probably seen.

Geelong-uniforms-2008.gif

Is it confirmed that the Cats are moving to white shorts at home as a first choice?

I've also seen talk on BigFooty that Melbourne will be debuting a silver clash strip "with a bit of red and blue with black numbers". Apparently it can be seen in a catalogue that came with their '08 membership renewal pack.

Geelong have their new 'old' logo on both of their jumpers, the Away jumper you've probably seen.

Geelong-uniforms-2008.gif

Is it confirmed that the Cats are moving to white shorts at home as a first choice?

I've also seen talk on BigFooty that Melbourne will be debuting a silver clash strip "with a bit of red and blue with black numbers". Apparently it can be seen in a catalogue that came with their '08 membership renewal pack.

According to the AFL rules they have no choice, there's Light uniforms and Dark uniforms.

You want to wear Light at Home, no problem, just wear White shorts with it.

However, given AFL football is rooted in traditions, they will probably continue to wear Navy shorts at home until they play North, Port or Collingwood, who they are listed as clashing with.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Here's a better look at some of the 2008 jumpers confirming what some will look like (sorry about the Autographs some are off an ebay store)

Bombers:

333d_1.jpg

Hawks

64e0_1.jpg

Dees

30f1_1.jpg

Cats

c774_1.jpg

Port (Keeping same Clash Jumper)

08clash.jpg

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

Here's two more

Crows (New Away)

Replica_away_guernsey420.jpg

And last but not least my beloved Tigers :D

37a0_1.jpg

3838_1.jpg

Richmond have also said that they will unveil their Centenary Jumper (Likely Heritage Round Jumper) on Sunday, February 24th at Family Day.

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

Its not a bad alternate strip for the Hawks. Unnecessary use of gradients though.

I'm not sure why but their giant bird picture is somehow more tasteful than previous attempts by other AFL clubs.

liverpool-1.png

It's a bugger of a job keeping up with all of these changes, I can tell you.

Yes Rod, these are Hawthorn's Dark uniforms.

They have their Home listed as more Yellow than Brown, and with a White number panel, that makes for them being regarded as the Light uniform.

These jumpers are predominantly Brown.

Almost all Brown Back, large Brown Hawk on the front.

More Brown than White or Yellow.

So they're Dark.

It will be interesting seeing them use them against West Coast in R21 when these look more like West Coast's jumpers than Gold & Brown stripes do.

PS Here's my version of it.

Hawthorn-Clash.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

that new Hawks clash, I really like it, though I'd make a few changes: get rid of the gradient, make the right side completely gold, and change the numbers from white to gold.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Make the back of the Hawks guernsey white. Its not a very effective clash if they play either a mainly dark/light team.

This was my point above - this is their "dark" strip. The only way they could go from here is to add more brown or it probably wouldn't qualify as their darker jumper.

(and yet this suggestion would probably help to distinguish it much more effectively from the Eagles jumper it is going to be used against...the AFL just loves making its own life hard.)

Funnily enough I've never heard a complaint about West Coast vs Hawthorn producing a clash and now the AFL might create one. Yet we've put up with far worse from Carlton/Melbourne/Richmond/Essendon and Geelong/North/Collingwood down the years and the AFL isn't forcing some of those teams to even take their clash jumpers seriously.

liverpool-1.png

Funnily enough I've never heard a complaint about West Coast vs Hawthorn producing a clash and now the AFL might create one. Yet we've put up with far worse from Carlton/Melbourne/Richmond/Essendon and Geelong/North/Collingwood down the years and the AFL isn't forcing some of those teams to even take their clash jumpers seriously.

Absolutely correct.

They did change their original Gold jumpers to avoid a clash with Hawthorn in 1988, and now Hawthorn wants to bring out a jumper that looks more like West Coast than their Home jumper does.

The AFL should not allow it. But they will, because they make $2 on every jumper sold.

So who cares about clashes?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Side note... the days of (fairly) uniform shorts designs seem shot.

West Coast's intraclub match:

0,,5881884,00.jpg

Adelaide had a gold curve going the other way on their shorts against the Pies last night, but Collingwood had the more traditional two black stripes and league logo.

Archived