Official AFL season 2008 thread

kingroadz

Watching the bisbane melbourne game, were the lions wearing different socks than usual with that jumper? I thought it was usually a white socks (mainly) but this one was mainly white, it also hada horizontal hoops at the top with the thick white stripe also having a blue vertical stripe/ rectangle on the front too...... what the hell

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching the bisbane melbourne game, were the lions wearing different socks than usual with that jumper? I thought it was usually a white socks (mainly) but this one was mainly white, it also hada horizontal hoops at the top with the thick white stripe also having a blue vertical stripe/ rectangle on the front too...... what the hell

From looking at AFLPhotos they've worn those same socks this year and last year.

(I didn't realise there was a maroon outline on their numbers - and a bit thicker than what Mero's got too.)

The socks are different this year.

Last year was White with Blue & Gold trim, this year they're 2/3 Blue, 1/3 White. Then, on the outside of the White there is a Blue rectangle. Also with Blue and Gold trim.

The Puma logo is also printed on them.

This rectangle 'moves' around the socks, depending on shin guard and how the players pull them up.

As for the Maroon number outline, I reckon it's pretty light, and hard to see, and therefore pretty close on the website.

153606.jpg153589.jpg

PS Is that the worst jumper ever? It rivals Rod's favorite, the West Coast Dog's Breakfast for ugliness.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I thought the outline was due to how close i was to the tv in a gold coast pub. It looked like it was maroon stitching sort of actually. I suppose they had to put maroon on it somewhere.

The rectangle thing on the socks though, why? its pointless.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I thought the outline was due to how close i was to the tv in a gold coast pub. It looked like it was maroon stitching sort of actually. I suppose they had to put maroon on it somewhere.

The rectangle thing on the socks though, why? its pointless.

The first entry into printed socks, like the soccer teams wear.

They'll get weird shapes soon.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The new socks were worn for the first time in round 21 last year, by the looks of it...

14962.jpg

You think they've investigated extending the 'urine stained' look gradient down to the shorts?.

That would just cap these off perfectly.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Maybe a diamond around the crotch off urine, off course as a gradient towards white on the edges.... maybe a maroon one on the back of the shorts....

:D

They still look like they were made from the disused sheets from a nursing home.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Haha.

Anyway, what happened to the Fitzroy jumpers being used in Melbourne.

Red and Royal Blue was too close to Melbourne's colours.

If I'm not mistaken, they wore them at Geelong earlier this season.

I saw, I came, I left.

If I'm not mistaken, they wore them at Geelong earlier this season.

When the jumper was launched, it was stated that it would be worn four times this season...

1. Against Geelong at Skilled Stadium (debut appearance)

2. Against Carlton in Round 8 at Telstra Dome

3. Against Essendon in Round 15 at Telstra Dome

4. Against Richmond in Round 17 at Telstra Dome

Guards

Ironmen

Stingrays

Rays

Marlins

5 proposed names for the new Gold Coast franchise. I'd go for Rays or Marlins.

Stingrays or Marlins. You can shorten the former easily enough to make 'Rays' an unofficial nickname. Guards is just awful, and Ironmen seems to referencing a different sport!

I still like 'Giants' :(

Archived