Nitpickers Lovers Question

goforbroke

That being said, they don't need a "desperate" overhaul. They just need to start using the secondary logo in my signature as the primary/helmet logo.

What logo is that?

(I turned off sigs YEARS ago, and refuse to turn them back on!)

This one...

311.gif

And I think it would look like it was diving down, trying to get away from the helmet

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That being said, they don't need a "desperate" overhaul. They just need to start using the secondary logo in my signature as the primary/helmet logo.

What logo is that?

(I turned off sigs YEARS ago, and refuse to turn them back on!)

logo02_thumb.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

kewp80 said:
PANTONE said:

Here's the Ravens' helmet again...using the official graphics:

First of all it's just a crappy logo, flipped it's even worse. I love everything about the Ravens identity except for that logo. They need a desperate overhaul.

I never noticed just how bad the left-facing logo looks, given that we always see the "good" one. The right-facing logo is decent, but they should have given more thought to how each side of the helmet would look and if they were going to use this logo, just forget the "B" or redesign it somehow, perhaps.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I know I've posted this before, but when the Ravens (or maybe a local newspaper) conducted a vote to help pick a new helmet logo, I voted for this:

320.gif

The one is my sig was one of the other choices. It was a tough call, but I thought this one fit the shape of the helmet better.

I think what ultimately happened is that this logo won, but Art Modell really wanted to keep a B in the logo. Therefore, after the vote, they reworked this logo into the current primary.

Bear in mind that I have no backup for this theory (and I don't even remember the Ravens announcing a winner, for that matter). It is purely conjecture on my part.

EDIT: I guess Pantone liked that one too.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I think what ultimately happened is that this logo won, but Art Modell really wanted to keep a B in the logo. Therefore, after the vote, they reworked this logo into the current primary.

Bear in mind that I have no backup for this theory (and I don't even remember the Ravens announcing a winner, for that matter). It is purely conjecture on my part.

That IS what happened. I can vouch for that.

Score one for me. :P

That would be an improvement, but I'd rather they recolor and use this one.

310.gif

That would look so much better on a helmet than the constipated Heckle & Jeckle.

Like... this, Gothamite?

RavensHelmet.png

Just a quick throw-together, maybe it needs more white but it interested me. Went with the purple helmet/black raven cause dammit... ravens are black!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Haha, I figured, thought I might give it a try

HornetsTwistSig.gif

First of all it's just a crappy logo, flipped it's even worse. I love everything about the Ravens identity except for that logo. They need a desperate overhaul.

Once upon a time, I would have agreed 100%. The main version (i.e., the right-facing version) has grown on me somewhat, so I won't go so far as saying it's "crappy." However, it is still far and away the worst part of otherwise really nice set.

To me, something about that bird looks feminine and just really unthreatening. I think my favorite was the origina; s;leeve logo, the full bird with wings spread. That was sweet.

Score one for me. :P

Just to refresh your memory Leopard... The Modell's wanted Baltimore or the the B as part of the identity from the get go. Because that other major sports team owner in town, the one who was born here and made his fortune here, refuses to include Baltimore as part of his team's identity. The Model's saw that the fans thought the city name was important to the fans.

And since we are posting Ravens concepts...from March of '06

ravensuniset32206b.jpg

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived