Nitpickers Lovers Question

goforbroke

Just to refresh your memory Leopard... The Modell's wanted Baltimore or the the B as part of the identity from the get go. Because that other major sports team owner in town, the one who was born here and made his fortune here, refuses to include Baltimore as part of his team's identity. The Model's saw that the fans thought the city name was important to the fans.

I remember that very well. Just as I am quite familiar with the illogical rationalizations of the owner of the other major league team in Baltimore.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And since we are posting Ravens concepts...from March of '06

ravensuniset32206b.jpg

Not a huge fan of the concept, but I love those pant stripes. Great idea.

The Ravens should defintely do something with the Baltimore flag similar to what Croatia does with its unique flag for the mens national team:

CroatiaASS0708.jpg

I know I said this when that concept was first posted, but I gotta say it again. Those pants stripes are the best.

Maybe all the Ravens really need to do is swap the B-bird for a better logo and adopt those pants. If they are feeling really generous, they could also kill the stupid purple spikes on the helmet. If they made those changes, they would be looking really good.

The Buffalo Bills use both of their side facing logos all of the time, so they both look normal to me.

Also, not to hijack the thread but some NHL teams have tried this with their helmet decals...

Failing miserably like the Flyers

50800667.jpg

(Even though I hate the Flyers, that's an awesome picture)

Just looking weird like the Blackhawks

72938947.jpg

Or pulling it off pretty well like the Sabres (despite the monstrousity of a logo)

78502021.jpg

And since we are posting Ravens concepts...from March of '06

ravensuniset32206b.jpg

Not a huge fan of the concept, but I love those pant stripes. Great idea.

The Ravens should defintely do something with the Baltimore flag similar to what Croatia does with its unique flag for the mens national team:

That's actually the Maryland flag. The Ravens have been using it to establish themselves as "Maryland's team" since they moved to Baltimore because the Redskins moved to Landover the same year.

That's actually the Maryland flag. The Ravens have been using it to establish themselves as "Maryland's team" since they moved to Baltimore because the Redskins moved to Landover the same year.

The shield logo is definitely representative of the Maryland flag.

Maryland%20Flag.gif

The pants in gueman's concept could be representative of either flag, because the Baltimore flag incorporates the Calvert coat of arms that is depicted in the state flag.

200px-Baltimore.gif

For the record, I have never heard the Ravens overtly try to establish themselves as "Maryland's team." However, it would certainly make sense to try (though the NFL considers the DC suburbs and Southern Maryland to be Redskins territory).

EDIT: Great minds, apparently.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wisconsin? Off the top of my head...

EDIT: Colorado, Kent State, Oregon State, Washington State, South Carolina, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky

I think they all do it, or at least should.

Any pics of these? I'd love to see Washington State's, but my guess is they don't reverse the logo at all.

Again, i'm talking about teams with different logos on either side of the helmet, not just reversed.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I remember seeing those Flyers helmet stickers on a sheet. I was almost convinced they were misprinted. The wordmark they have on the helmet is much better, albiet boring like the Devils helmet.

This Ravens backward logo thing is going to bother me everytime I see them now, thanks guys. :P

EDIT: Colorado, Kent State, Oregon State, Washington State, South Carolina, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky

Any pics of these? I'd love to see Washington State's, but my guess is they don't reverse the logo at all.

Again, i'm talking about teams with different logos on either side of the helmet, not just reversed.

Washington State uses the same logo on both sides:

436b2afd712a9-78-1.jpg

The Buffaloes do use different helmet logos:

13Buffaloes04-07.JPG

As does Kent State:

OHATH102_Kent_St_Oh_8438047.jpg

Oregon State has two as well:

3.jpgcapt.b3d04fad1cc443c99dfc6aabbd843c35.ucla_oregon_state_football_orrg103.jpg

The shield logo is definitely representative of the Maryland flag.

Maryland%20Flag.gif

The pants in gueman's concept could be representative of either flag, because the Baltimore flag incorporates the Calvert coat of arms that is depicted in the state flag.

200px-Baltimore.gif

For the record, I have never heard the Ravens overtly try to establish themselves as "Maryland's team." However, it would certainly make sense to try (though the NFL considers the DC suburbs and Southern Maryland to be Redskins territory).

EDIT: Great minds, apparently.

Interesting... I didn't know where that yellow/black pattern came from or that it was also on Baltimore's city flag (although it obviously makes sense).

Of course, the idea that the Ravens are trying to be "Maryland's team" is just my Milwaukeean/Wisconsinite/Great Laker interpretation of why they would use the MD flag seeing as how my Brewers are in a similar situation (Kenosha County, while technically in the Milwaukee market, is considered Cubs territory and Western Wisconsin is Twins territory).

72938947.jpg

Looking at those hockey helmet decals brings up the question of why they're not bigger and prominent like football helmet logos...

I think they're about as big as they can be on the helmet, cuz there's not as much flat space on a hockey helmet to fit a bigger logo. Plus, the jersey crest really provides the main space for the team logo to be displayed, whereas the helmet is the main place in football. In hockey the helmet logo is more complimentary.

Washington State uses the same logo on both sides:

image removed

The Buffaloes do use different helmet logos:

images removed

As does Kent State:

image removed

Oregon State has two as well:

images removed

Middle Tennessee doesn't:

FF_38775_s.jpg

Middle_Tennessee_St.gif

South Carolina doesn't:

p1563196reg.jpg

SouthCars.jpg

There may be others... I was just looking at the helmet project. Probably some more in FCS and D-II and all.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived