NFL 2008--are there any jersey/logo changes pending?

wman

Hadn't heard of anything possible except maybe the Bills going to the throwback fulltime, and even that I hadn't heard lately. I'm wondering with the changes of the last couple of years (Cardinals, Vikings, Chargers) if we're in for a quiet offseason...

Bring back the Whale!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hadn't heard of anything possible except maybe the Bills going to the throwback fulltime, and even that I hadn't heard lately. I'm wondering with the changes of the last couple of years (Cardinals, Vikings, Chargers) if we're in for a quiet offseason...

The Cards were a few years ago, and the Vikings were the year before, not last offseason.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The only rumour I've heard is about a possible Browns change. The source is a Penthouse (Jan 2008) interview with Kellen Winslow Jr.

"You know what? We're in the process of changing that. Next year, your gonna see some new uniforms for the Cleveland Browns. This is really a big part of what Braylon Edwards and I have been talking about for a long time. It may be something similar to what the Broncos have. It's time for a change. Sometimes people live in the past in Cleveland. That's fine, but this team is trying to build an identity and start up something new."

Make of it what you want...

The Cards were a few years ago, and the Vikings were the year before, not last offseason.

The Cardinals were in 2005, the Vikings in 2006, and the Chargers for 2007.

I haven't heard of any changes so far...not that it means anything...

The only rumour I've heard is about a possible Browns change. The source is a Penthouse (Jan 2008) interview with Kellen Winslow Jr.
"You know what? We're in the process of changing that. Next year, your gonna see some new uniforms for the Cleveland Browns. This is really a big part of what Braylon Edwards and I have been talking about for a long time. It may be something similar to what the Broncos have. It's time for a change. Sometimes people live in the past in Cleveland. That's fine, but this team is trying to build an identity and start up something new."

If the Browns get a Nike-style modernization...I'm shooting everyone involved. WTF KELLEN WINSLOW.

The Browns is a Broncos style uni...BLASPHEMY. This is the type of crap that irks me. Winslow, Portis, Lewis. All these Hurricaines that come into the NFL and try to make a professional uniform look like college or high school even. Winslow was the only player on the Browns that would'nt were the striped socks for their throwback day. What a punk. I've also heard he is the reason that they don't wear the striped sock with the all white uni. I emailed a couple of equip managers last year and I actually got a response from 3 the Browns,Bengals and Ravens. They all said that the players wanted to wear the solid color socks or the same color socks as pants. Players have no idea how bad it looks.

Just as long as the Patriots and Steelers are not included, it will be fine. Those two teams should NEVER, EVER, EVER change their uniforms (especially the Steelers -- one of the most classic, timeless looks in all of team sports).

Personally, here are a few things I would like to see happen:

1. Broncos go to their orange alternates as their full-time jerseys to be used with the white pants w/blue stripe. Use the navy blues as alternates with the blue pants (one instance where the monochrome look works better)

2. Slightly modify the Chargers' look to put the bolt against a white background on the white jersey and pants.

3. For God's sake, make the stripe on the Saints' gold pants match those on their helmets!!!

The Browns should never, EVER change there uniform. That's what makes them the Browns, is that they've had the same uniform for all but 3 years of their exsistance (When they had numbers on their helmets) and should never change. NFL uniforms should look like NFL UNIFORMS, not high school unis.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

The Browns is a Broncos style uni...BLASPHEMY. This is the type of crap that irks me. Winslow, Portis, Lewis. All these Hurricaines that come into the NFL and try to make a professional uniform look like college or high school even. Winslow was the only player on the Browns that would'nt were the striped socks for their throwback day. What a punk. I've also heard he is the reason that they don't wear the striped sock with the all white uni. I emailed a couple of equip managers last year and I actually got a response from 3 the Browns,Bengals and Ravens. They all said that the players wanted to wear the solid color socks or the same color socks as pants. Players have no idea how bad it looks.

/snickers

dang guy you sound like a man on a mission. But you know, I wish i would have the balls to tell people who wear their boxers on the outside, baseball caps to the side with the wrong colors and camouflage's with orange hats, that they look horrible. However I don't have the balls to.

i could see.......

redskins (maybe) go old school

rams (tweaking) maybe combining the two unis

eagles (adding) a silver pants?

falcons (adding) a silver pants?

bills (maybe) go old school

I can see the Bills change. I believe they petitioned the league to wear the throwbacks all season last year, and given the two year notification through the league, next year would be the first they could do it. I wouldnt be shocked to see the niners switch it up either. theres been a lot of talk of Nolan going old school if Nolan has a job). Dont be suprised to see the side panels disappear from the Vikes jerseys too.

What the... :cursing:

They better be good. I like the set that "doosh" did in Concepts.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...=browns+concept

i could see.......

redskins (maybe) go old school

rams (tweaking) maybe combining the two unis

eagles (adding) a silver pants?

falcons (adding) a silver pants?

bills (maybe) go old school

I can see the Bills change. I believe they petitioned the league to wear the throwbacks all season last year, and given the two year notification through the league, next year would be the first they could do it. I wouldnt be shocked to see the niners switch it up either. theres been a lot of talk of Nolan going old school if Nolan has a job). Dont be suprised to see the side panels disappear from the Vikes jerseys too.

If that happened I would be happy. There is just something that bugs me about their new jerseys and I think that might be it. And hopefully they burn the purple pants after tonight's game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I will never understand why some of you think anything other than horizontal sleeve stripes look like a 'High-school team.' I mean, I have my appreciation for some of the classic uniforms, but some people start out with a closed mind to anything modern. Some of you seem to think nothing should ever change, and if it does, it is automatically a bad thing. That said, I don't think the browns need a change, (unless that change is bringing back the orange pants and switching the white pants striping back to brown-orange-brown) but for some teams, like the cardinals, the uniforms changed for the better.

MegatronSig2.jpg

umm if you have even herd of penthouse.. youd know its not exactly a spot for football info.

its like going to playboy for an inside tip on the cy young race...

also, I agree with pnd, some teams are classic (browns steelers 49ers Cowboys) but some modern uni's are ok. Its a sign of the times.

The Cards uniform is alright with me but I'm more concerned with the little nuances of a uni. First off all one color uni's should be done away with in the NFL. It just is'nt professional. All white is alright. The same color socks as pants is ridiculous. The Vikes for instance might look good with white jerseys purple pants and white socks with some kind of stripe on it, it would'nt have to be old school Bears or Redskins style. Same goes for the Cards I believe if they went with white /red on the road with a white sock with a thick red stripe with black pipping on the top and bottom of the thick red stripe would look great. You could tie in the pipping they have in the jerseys for a new style striped sock.I've gotten used to the Broncos unis but the all blue is a joke. They should definitely have orange jerseys as the primary.

Archived