who thinks the Vikings get crazy tonight....

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, don't we all love being told over and over again that striped sox are "out"? "Out"? Isn't that what a 12 year old girl says to describe her outfit? Nothing is "out"... they're just trends. And the ugly solid-sock-with-solid pants trend will pass. Remember the late 70's/early 80's in baseball. I'm sure their were lots of people telling the Yankees and Dodgers that belts, buttons, and gray roads were "out". By the 90's, everyone had dumped their ugly "in" pull-overs and road blues for a more traditional look. The same will happen in football. (Although I would love to see the Astros to bring back the rainbow bellies!!! Call me crazy... but I would add buttons and a belt to them... tradition MIXED with inovation rules!)

That mock up of AD with the striped sox against the purple pants (though I'd keep the black shoes) is just SO much better its hard to see how anyone wouldn't think so. Hard to believe a Bear fan came up with it. :D

And Bear fans giving us crap about OUR quarterback situation??? Now THAT is really hard to take. :P

Eh I'm just bitter. If it's any consolation, just look at us last year-we made it to the Super Bowl with that boob under center. And hey, I mean, at least Tarvaris is athletic and stuff.... :D

i like chaz's vikings mock up. it makes the monochrome a bit tolerable. which as a one time thing a season isn't too bad.

as for the socks, the striped socks breaks up the monotny of the purple. i really don't know why there is so much hate for sock stripes. the single color socks seems a bit over kill especially in cases of monochromes. i always felt that striped socks adds a little balance to the uniforms. againt thats me.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

See, here is what they need to do to make this a halfway-watchable uniform:

petersons.jpg

It takes a little of the purple-overload away, and looks a little sleeker too.

Striped socks suck. You think maybe that's why they are hardly worn by anyone at any level of football today?

Maybe some of you will figure that out sometime.

About the same time you figure out your constant whining and discrediting others about striped socks makes you look like a little spoiled girl.

metslogo_215.gif

All purple = hideous

New jerseys = goofy (random white panels and yellow piping on one side of panels only)

Vikes concept in this thread = SEC (as in LSU)

AD's stance in this thread's photos = comical (looks like a drum major)

Striped socks = good

People who get nasty towards people who happen to disagree with their sock preferences = assclowns (we're all entitled to our opinions and since these are subjective issues, no one is "wrong")

Redskins = my 2nd favorite team after the Saints this week (Vikes loss helps Saints' postseason chances)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

About the same time you figure out your constant whining and discrediting others about striped socks makes you look like a little spoiled girl.

Hey, I am not the "assclown" (as some other know-it-all put it here) e-mailing freakin' NFL equipment managers, whining about socks and having a breakdown when another team dumps their out-of-style sock pattern.

Again, if you have eyes and any intelligence at all, you can see what people wear nowadays at every level of football. If it makes you feel better that you are in the extreme minority of tastes, then goody for you. Sorry if the truth hurts sometime.

Hey, I am not the "assclown" (as some other know-it-all put it here) e-mailing freakin' NFL equipment managers, whining about socks and having a breakdown when another team dumps their out-of-style sock pattern.

Again, if you have eyes and any intelligence at all, you can see what people wear nowadays at every level of football. If it makes you feel better that you are in the extreme minority of tastes, then goody for you. Sorry if the truth hurts sometime.

Wow...nobody's EVER called me a 'know it all' before. Thanks! But I'll share a secret...I don't really know it all, or even close. B)

Assuming you have eyes and intelligence yourself, you can see that it's not your views on socks that's a problem, it's your attitude. If it makes you feel better to be rude and condescending to others, then goody for you. It doesn't do much for the rest of us though.

Sorry if the truth hurts sometimes.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well high school and college teams have historically not worn knee high socks and if they did they were either all one color or white, so it's not a new thing to see teams at those levels not wearing striped socks. The NFL still has plenty of teams wearing striped socks. Teams that still wear striped socks by my count:

Bills

Patriots

Jets

Browns

Broncos

Cheifs

Bears

Redskins

as opposed to 10 years ago:

Dolphins

Patriots

Ravens

Broncos

Cheifs

Chargers

Redskins

Bears

Not much difference in just ten years. and I'm sorry but if you think this

NFLF-Clinton_Portis_120504.jpg

looks better than this

Clinton-Portis---Washington-Redskins-Poster-C10201045.jpeg

then you are in the extreme minority. I'd be careful if I was you, constant blasting of others opinions could put you in the same place as Johnnyfried rice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I love it when someone tries to inform me of the "truth", in case I wasn't aware of it.

:rolleyes:

A Bear fan and Packer fan agree.

Cue Armageddon. :P

You'll be happy to know that I've actually.. *gulp* ...started CHEERING for Favre and the Pack as of late.

*hangs head in shame*

Call me a softy, but I've been bit by his touching story...all be it a bit cheesy

.....couldn't help myself. ^_^

Archived