I would like an opinion on a jersey to get

Neon_Matrix

Jersey, oh Jersey.  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it is looking as though the Ovechkin white has been the one most people think I should get. Considering the Esposito and California Golden Seals jerseys have come in second, I will give those another look before I purchase the jersey.

Thanks again for your suggestions, I also want to still look into getting the Sakic 88 but only if they will do the numbers without the red outline.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

with my bias opinion i would go for the Ovechkin White, but otherwise i would go for a 'diques blue Sakic...but if you want to be unique about it, get his rookie #88.

He wore #88 as a rookie? Hum... I never knew that. I think that would be a pretty awesome jersey to get. I just have to make sure I can get the proper lettering... if I have to get the white version, I need to know if the numbers were outlined in red or not...

89%20TOPPS%20SAKIC%20RC.jpg

EDIT: According to NHLuniforms.com, they did NOT have the red outline...

Nordiques2.gif

This is important because most vintage jerseys are done with red outlined numbers on the back, which would make it incorrect. I am actually really tempted to get this...

glad to be of service! :D

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Ok, so I ended up coming VERY close to walking away with the Ovechkin when someone gave me an idea last minute.

I got a White Flyers jersey with Steve Downie #27 on it. The reason why is:

- I saw him play many games while with the Petes and I thought he was such a great player who's presence on the ice was felt

- I hate Ottawa and considering I go to school with many Ottawa fans, this would be a fun jersey to walk around in

- No one else will have it

You guys all got me thinking of getting something which means something to me and its unique and I believe this is the best combination of them. If I didn't think of actually getting the Downie I would have snagged the Washington, which, I plan to get some time in the future.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I now want many of the ones suggested but can only get 1 at the moment. I will post pics when I get it in about a month but I think it was the best option (I would have gone for Leland Irving as well if I could have found out what his pre-season number was with the Flames, just because I want my last name on a jersey without being a total douche.

Anyways, thanks again. I was surprised by the feedback I got and do appreciate it all.

DownieJersey.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived