Chicao FIre Alternate Blue

Scott1723

I had found them online at one time, but they were EXPENSIVE. I think 150 and very limited number of sizes and it didn't seem to be the most reliable site.

I can't find it again however.

There are a couple T-shirts on ebay right now however.

I hope they bring that back eventually. I know there was one leaked with the adidas redesign a couple years ago, but it never made the field or the shelves.

That one and the Red US jersey are my 2 favorite soccer jerseys yet I can't find either one in my size for cheap enough.

As nice as the original city flag alternate was, the adidas version that never got released was about a million times better. If Mr. Murtaugh with Section 8 still lingers around here, I'm sure he'll gladly post up the graphic of that.

I had heard that the alternate got ditched late in the game because the promotional campaign for that season played up the color red. However, part of me has the suspicion that officials in Bridgeview didn't want what they viewed as their team, in their new stadium, taking the pitch in the flag of the city of Chicago. It's a shame either way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As nice as the original city flag alternate was, the adidas version that never got released was about a million times better. If Mr. Murtaugh with Section 8 still lingers around here, I'm sure he'll gladly post up the graphic of that.
Funny, I just checked here today for the first time in ages.

06third.gif

I had heard that the alternate got ditched late in the game because the promotional campaign for that season played up the color red. However, part of me has the suspicion that officials in Bridgeview didn't want what they viewed as their team, in their new stadium, taking the pitch in the flag of the city of Chicago. It's a shame either way.
Well,you can rest that suspicion. I had a similar thought but There have been many uses for the municipal flag that have cemented themselves in the club identity (and stadium) since then. The mayor of BV actually was waving one when he was in S8 earlier this past season. It's actually funny, after the third shirt disappeared the motif became more prolific in design schema for the Fire -- the four Chicago stars, the light blue color, etc. They've even started observing Chicago historical events at matches as well in a partnership with the History Museum.

There's been renewed interest in the shirt recently, also. The club did a feature on it in the program this season, and people have been 'asking questions' that lead me to believe they may seriously be looking at it again. Chicago light blue is actually a registered secondary color for the club starting next year and can be seen on some of the advance merchandise. And the supporters' association is working on making our own knockoff version of the flag shirt due to the demand from fans.

The $200+ selling prices for old Fire third shirts surprised me quite a bit. It was a rush job and there are several glaring errors to my eyes now, plus the obvious lack of a chest stripe behind the stars. But people identified with it and the shirt has become entrenched, though admittedly there was a bit of history before it was even made the first time.

Archived