Gaborik scores five

spyboy1

Yes, tonight turned out to be a pretty exceptional night at the Wild game as ebod39 and I were at the Xcel Center as Marian Gaborik became the first NHL player in 11 years, and the first one this century, to score 5 goals in a game, plus he added an assist on top of that.

They tried to set him up for a sixth, and he had two pretty good chances for it during a late power play, but the backup Rangers goalie made a good save to deny Gaborik one last goal, which would have sent the place into euphoria.

Marian's 3rd goal gave him a natural hat trick and resulted in a shower of various hats and caps onto the ice, including several Christmas stocking caps and a pair of those "hockey helmet" hats, which retail for $30 each! I wanted first pick out of the barrel after they cleaned up the ice knowing those were in there.

That will certainly go down as one of the greatest sports performances I've ever seen in person. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Unlike spyboy, I had to settle for watching Gaborik's performance on TV. That made it no less unbelievable.

For the Rangers, about the only highlight was the "gimmie" goal they got when the Wild defender (Burns?) slipped and fell in front of the net.

CCSLC signature.png

I have s strange gut feeling that we'll see this again very soon. I don't know why, I just do. And congrats to Gaborik, he's becoming a very, very good hockey player.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Archived