Paint your lawn like an end zone!

DrBear

I used to cut my parents lawn with stripes like in baseball. I usually got tired of mowing an acre about halfway through so I never doubled up the cross pattern.

If I had a lawn, I'm betting I would have done this by now with a Bears C or chief Illiniwek.

I cut a block O into the backyard's lawn about a month ago which was the last time the grass got cut. My yard was actually painted like a football field before, when I had a football party for my tenth birthday.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I cut a block O into the backyard's lawn about a month ago which was the last time the grass got cut. My yard was actually painted like a football field before, when I had a football party for my tenth birthday.

Your parents sound cool.

I used to cut my parents lawn with stripes like in baseball. I usually got tired of mowing an acre about halfway through so I never doubled up the cross pattern.

If I had a lawn, I'm betting I would have done this by now with a Bears C or chief Illiniwek.

HOW do you do that?

I've never taken the time to figure it out, but I've always wondered...

HOW do you do that?

A blade of grass has two sides. One side is usually bright green and the other is a dull green.

Add a roller to the back of your mower. As you cut your grass the roller bends the blade of in one direction, when you go over the next 'lane' the roller cuts the grass in the other direction.

1997 | 2003

When I was in high school and college, my dad let me put down some sidelines using limestone. He's drive me to Home Depot to pick up 50lbs bags of that stuff, and it'd take my friend and I like 1/2 hour to line up my backyard. Whenever I had any limestone left over, I'd do a flying elvis logo at midfield (without the colors, unfortunately). My dad pretty much let me do whatever I wanted, as long as I the lawn wasn't destroyed :D

I used to cut Royals Logos in the field/grass when I was growning up - I am sure they looked bad, but to me they were cool looking even if it was just green and lower than the rest of the yard.

The mid-field logo for our middle school games are designed and painted by our kids and the art teacher. Every year we have a "Paint the Field" contest, where students from our Middle School Design the logo that will adorn the 50 yd. line of each home game.

If we have three games, then we have three winners. The Monday before the game, the teacher, student and a couple of helpers use white field paint and regular Spray Paint (usually bought at Wal-Mart) to make the logo/field design. The size varies from about a 6 foot cirle with a logo in the middle, up to 10+ feet.

These are simple designs with some kind of "cheer slogan", like, Go Cardinals or Cardinals Rule. It's away I can help our student body be apart of our athletic programs. We also recognize them over the Morning All School Announcements and the school paper comes out and takes pictures the puts their name/picture in the paper. It's pretty cool for the kids.

I noticed the selection on the website offers only a few teams, I am sure more will come along later. Pretty cool thing to have.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

HOW do you do that?

A blade of grass has two sides. One side is usually bright green and the other is a dull green.

Add a roller to the back of your mower. As you cut your grass the roller bends the blade of in one direction, when you go over the next 'lane' the roller cuts the grass in the other direction.

Exactly. I've read articles on how the more involved designs are made (the red sox socks are the absolute coolest infield) because with some of the details they have to use hand rollers and such. The use computers now to layout the designs and even the mowing patterns to achieve the effect they want.

so yeah...real world its done with a roller.

I just mowed in different directions and the effect was similar however.

Looks great. The company i work for are developing a marking paint that can be used on dual sport fields and can be washed away after a game but can withstand weather and wear and tear with the BAFl at the moment.

logo.png

Archived