Sign in to follow this  
mr71

Next ccm vintage jerseys?

So what is coming out next?  Hopefully the X-Mas Tree NJ Devils Jerseys and maybe the Hartford Whalers issue will be settled.

If I remember correctly, the City of Hartford owns the rights to the Whalers, so unless CCM can hammer something out with them, it's unlikely we'll see the Whalers on throwbacks.

Personally, I'd love to see the Rangers jersey that had "NEW YORK" diagonally across the chest (where it currently says "RANGERS")

Yeah that was not a bad jersey at all. The wore for their home opener in 2001 after 9-11 in fact teh Sbares even had a version of it in black and red.

If I remember correctly, the City of Hartford owns the rights to the Whalers, so unless CCM can hammer something out with them, it's unlikely we'll see the Whalers on throwbacks.

Personally, I'd love to see the Rangers jersey that had "NEW YORK" diagonally across the chest (where it currently says "RANGERS")

The gentleman who own the Carolina Hurricanes still owns the trademark to the Hartford Whalers, and he has stated that he will not allow the NHL or CCM to use that trademark without some heavy compensation. I think once the season ends there will only be a 3 or 4 more vintage jerseys being released.

Because they are not a current team to rival my Blues, I'd actually consider buying a Whalers jersey if they were available.

we see all these other jerseys from the 90's, like the nordiques, the jets, etc... i'd kill to get my hands on one of the old 93-94 dallas stars jerseys...

i need a black stars jersey, with a big green #35 on the back, for mooger.

The gentleman who own the Carolina Hurricanes still owns the trademark to the Hartford Whalers, and he has stated that he will not allow the NHL or CCM to use that trademark without some heavy compensation.

Sorry, but you are wrong.  Peter Karmanos, the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes, does not own the rights to the name Hartford Whalers or the logos associated with it.  The name and the logos were awarded to the City of Hartford in a ruling to decide compensation regarding Karmanos breaking the lease he had signed for the Hartford Civic Center so that he could move the team to Carolina.

Technically, the STATE OF CONNECTICUT owns the rights to all Whalers stuff. Not that City of Hartford. But I guess there the same thing. :D

I just received my issue of The Hockey News. There's an ad from Silvestri Sports advertising the CCM Vintage Jerseys and they show the California Golden Seals, Vancouver Canucks (skate logo), and Pittsburgh Penguins all in GOLD!!!

No X-Mas Devils though!!!!

:evil:

mr71, you must really be looking forward to seeing the green back on the Devils huh??

Anywho, I wonder if they will go with a series of jerseys for Philly and Pittsburgh (They are the only two from the first expansion group that one hasn't been mentioned for).

Golden Seals, you say?

About time they got some recognition.

Maybe the Barons, too?

There are so many teams that get little-to-no jersey lovin' in the NHL.

The Whalers especially.

I would give a kidney to get my hands on a new authentic Whalers jersey.

Too bad http://www.dropthepucks.com doesn't have any blank ones...

Yes, I've been waiting for the X-Mas Devils jersey. It was supposed to come out in the second batch but was pulled. I want either Shanahan or Verbeek on it.

Not that it will ever happen because it was a Nike jersey, but I'd like to get a 1986 USA World Cup jersey. Maybe it's time for a Nike Vintage line.

4b_1_b.JPG

JeffB

That would be a great jersey to have with Mike Richter's number on the back

That would be a great jersey to have with Mike Richter's number on the back

Maybe the price was inflated due to the retirement of his number, but one of those 86 World Cup Richter jerseys just went on ebay for $330.

JeffB

Y'all mean 96, right?

Im sure they did Mockba.

Just makin' sure. I mean, I thought it was 96, but I've been wrong before. ^_^