Lakers/Sixers 12/21: both teams wearing home (thowback) jerseys

BigEd76

There've been alot of throwback nights in the NBA this year, huh? I'm more surprised at the Sixers wearing their throwbacks AGAIN than I am to see the Lakers wearing their golds on the road when the other team wears white.

There've been alot of throwback nights in the NBA this year, huh? I'm more surprised at the Sixers wearing their throwbacks AGAIN than I am to see the Lakers wearing their golds on the road when the other team wears white.

The Lakers are wearing throwbacks too (note the drop shadow on the numbers).

The Lakers need to switch back to those.The colors pop so much better than the junk they wear now. I think I might even like the white alternate if it was worn on that template.

You really think so? I think that the update was perfect. The throwback's gold is too orange-y.

The Lakers need to switch back to those.The colors pop so much better than the junk they wear now. I think I might even like the white alternate if it was worn on that template.

You really think so? I think that the update was perfect. The throwback's gold is too orange-y.

I really do. Its not too orange-y, depending on the lighting. more of an atletic gold. its what i grew up with, so that probably helps. i like the drop shadows and i dont think theres enough white in the new unis. they changed to white numbers, which i dont like, and lost the white trim. not a good trade off. i dont hate the new ones, and they are a great update, but im not crazy about the nike neck.

The Lakers wearing gold on the road is hardly a throwback. They always wore purple on the road.

It's a throwback.

What they wore in 80's to the late 90's:

magic_johnson.jpg

He's saying it's not a "true" throwback because it's yellow on the road, aswear, they've always worn purple on the road.

He's saying it's not a "true" throwback because it's yellow on the road, aswear, they've always worn purple on the road.

The jersey is a true throwback. Whether you like them wearing a home throwback on the road is another issue. A lot of the throwbacks this year and past years are road jerseys and the home team is wearing them at home.

When I saw those Sixers throwbacks, I wondered why they couldn't get the numbers right.

I had thought that the correct number style for that uni is just regular varsity numbers, with a squared 2; whereas, on the throwbacks they used the style with the diagonal 2.

toneyphl.jpg

But, I guess the team actually wasn't all that consistent:

MosesPhl.jpgMosesMalone010.jpg

Anyway, the numbers and the wordmark on the throwbacks were definitely too small.

mocheeks.jpg

The Sixers numbers were very inconsistent in those days. Many players on the '83 championship team actually had numbers like the throwbacks, while a few had the true "block" style. In the late stages of that uniform's lifetime, the numbers were standardized to be true block.

When was the last time the lakers used these unis? I remember they wore similar ones in the finals a few years back.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure they last wore those in 99, the year before their three-peat started. I know for sure that the rapist wore them for a couple of years.

When was the last time the lakers used these unis? I remember they wore similar ones in the finals a few years back.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure they last wore those in 99, the year before their three-peat started. I know for sure that the rapist wore them for a couple of years.

Hate to break it to you, but Mike Tyson never played for the Lakers

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RAPE JOKE! KOBE BRYANT, RAPE, GET IT? OH MAN, THAT'S SO HILARIOUS THAT I FELL OUTTA MY :censored:ING CHAIR!!!!!! DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT BY YOURSELF? THAT IS SO FUNNY! I WENT NUTS AS I SOON AS I SAW THE TEXT! THAT WAS AMAZING MAN! BRAVO, BRAVO! ENCORE, ENCORE!!

Using yellow/gold as a road jersey is garbage anyway and always will be...

Yep. Yellow/gold should only be worn at home. It's really very simple: Light colors at home, dark colors on the road.

But I also agree that the Lakers should return to these uniforms. They just say Lakers much more than their current unis.

Archived