Chicago Black Hawks vs. Blackhawks

dirwuf

Side Note: Tommy Hawk - (our lovable black hawk mascot) should die. If you watch the pre game piece about him at the United Center, you will see that he likes to eat the heads off of kids.

He ate my girlfriend's head, also. After dancing with her, no less. Tommy seemed like quite the player to me.

You're dating a child?

:D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I grew up with the name being "Black Hawks" and it seemed classy, whether it was correct or not. It just felt wrong when it started being spelled the other way. How would all you Boston fans feel if they suddenly became the Redsox?

It's not the same, because "Red Sox" is talking about an actual pair of socks that are red colored. "Blackhawks" is not referring to a hawk that is black colored, but rather it's referring to the name of an army division. And to me "Black Hawks" feels totally wrong, but like the other guy said, I'm prolly biased cuz I'm 23.

My point was that it had changed from what I had always known...and if the point is to get every name technically correct, shouldn't it be "Red Socks"?

Side Note: Tommy Hawk - (our lovable black hawk mascot) should die. If you watch the pre game piece about him at the United Center, you will see that he likes to eat the heads off of kids.

He ate my girlfriend's head, also. After dancing with her, no less. Tommy seemed like quite the player to me.

Real hawks have a tendency of killing prey and decapitating their victims only. Thought I'd throw that into the fire also. LOL

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I grew up with the name being "Black Hawks" and it seemed classy, whether it was correct or not. It just felt wrong when it started being spelled the other way. How would all you Boston fans feel if they suddenly became the Redsox?

It's not the same, because "Red Sox" is talking about an actual pair of socks that are red colored. "Blackhawks" is not referring to a hawk that is black colored, but rather it's referring to the name of an army division. And to me "Black Hawks" feels totally wrong, but like the other guy said, I'm prolly biased cuz I'm 23.

My point was that it had changed from what I had always known...and if the point is to get every name technically correct, shouldn't it be "Red Socks"?

Red and White Stockings, technically, and I encourage more use of "Red Stockings."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What, you don't own any sox? Heck I've got a pair of sox on right now, they're so warm and fuzzy on my tootsies....

Sidenote, I always love when the situation comes up where you have to use the singular of White or Red Sox, like when they sign someone and the announcer's gotta say "This is his first game as a White...." do you say Sock? Sox? Most times I've heard/read they still just say Sox, which sounds totally stupid and wrong. 'His first game as a White Sox?' I think they should just say "His first game IN White Sox".

Yeah sorry for that tangent.

Archived