Golf

Alphabet Man

Recently I've had an interest in golf and was wondering how many around here play?

I've played two rounds in my life, my first at Phillip Island last year was pretty :censored:house, my last round was a few weeks ago at Pakenham where I actually beat my mate, so guess whos keeping there pants on next time we play lol.

But I want to get out there a bit more and improve my game. I hit left handed, and my putting is probably my only strength (which isnt very strong), my weakness is probably consistancy in hitting the ball the same way each time. I've found lately if I switch to right hand, I can hit it further but with less control so i'm umming and arring as to wether i should get a right handed driver, that way on long courses, if i need distance rather than placement or positioning, i'd pull out a right handed driver. I'm not sure if thats good or bad, im just experimenting with my game to be completely honest.

I've found it to be pretty challenging but its great. I mean, it is probably the hardest and most difficult sport on the planet to master, I mean, theres so many variables that make it great and no two holes, greens, fairways are the same which is great.

I've also recently found an interest in designing golf courses which basically stemmed from googleing courses around the world, and they're pretty interesting places. It'd be great to design courses for a living, but thats for another time.

So basically, am i the only one around here that has an interest in golf? I'd assume there'd be others out there.

Maybe we can use this thread to post pics of great golf courses from around the world. I'll post pics sometime during the week of a few i've found on google.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

golf, one of the least discussed sports (let's not get into a debate on the validity of golf as a sport) on this message board. I caddied at muirfield village golf club for two summers. I've carried clubs for alot of really good golfers, bad golfers, rich golfers, but have never actually played. I like to imagine that I would be pretty good because I've seen exactly how not to play and in some cases what you have to do to be good, but I guess I can't really say that until I actually get out and do it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

golf, one of the least discussed sports (let's not get into a debate on the validity of golf as a sport) on this message board. I caddied at muirfield village golf club for two summers. I've carried clubs for alot of really good golfers, bad golfers, rich golfers, but have never actually played. I like to imagine that I would be pretty good because I've seen exactly how not to play and in some cases what you have to do to be good, but I guess I can't really say that until I actually get out and do it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I love to play...I'm not terrible, I can shoot in the mid-90's to mid-100's (as in like 105ish, not 150ish).

There's a couple of courses I usually play here in northern NJ, and in December (though not this year) I usually get on a couple of courses in Florida...

I've been to Pebble Beach not to play though, just to see it driving by...

I've also played a course in Sun Valley, Idaho and played a few times at the course at Penn State...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived