Vikings purple on the road against Saints at home with gold question

ericcartman19

I'm still clueless to why the Vikings wore purple on the road in 2002 against the Saints who were at home and wore gold. I thought there was rule that made one team wear dark and the other white but never both dark.

This is just my opinion, but the distinction between gold and purple isn't that hard.

bufg.png

I'm still clueless to why the Vikings wore purple on the road in 2002 against the Saints who were at home and wore gold. I thought there was rule that made one team wear dark and the other white but never both dark.

I have a feeling the NFL (at that time) considered the Saints gold jersey as the "light" jersey. Things I guess have changed with them letting Philly wear their 75th anniversary yellow monstrosities. as a home uni and the Lions wearing their road whites.

Don't feel bad....you're not alone...Jim Haslett has clueless too as the Vikings scored on a suprise two-point conversion to win the game on a Culpepper QB draw....

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

in 2002 the Lions and Cheaters both wore dark jerseys on Thanksgiving day

OMG! That is so funny. You made reference to the Patriots by using the name Cheaters. I've never heard anyone do that before. That is so clever and and so timely. Do you have any Monica Lewinsky jokes you want to lay on us while you're at it?

:rolleyes:

Don't feel bad....you're not alone...Jim Haslett has clueless too as the Vikings scored on a suprise two-point conversion to win the game on a Culpepper QB draw....

...after Culpepper fumbled the snap, which usually ensures the defense buries you for a loss. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

"OMG! That is so funny. You made reference to the Patriots by using the name Cheaters. I've never heard anyone do that before. That is so clever and and so timely. Do you have any Monica Lewinsky jokes you want to lay on us while you're at it?"

They did it. They got caught. They admitted their guilt.

Can you give me a reason why I shouldn't refer to them as this?

"OMG! That is so funny. You made reference to the Patriots by using the name Cheaters. I've never heard anyone do that before. That is so clever and and so timely. Do you have any Monica Lewinsky jokes you want to lay on us while you're at it?"

not to hijack, but many around the league reacted as if this wasn't a big deal because nearly every team does it, and to react otherwise might be a public relations nightmare for the nfl.

not to hijack, but many around the league reacted as if this wasn't a big deal because nearly every team does it, and to react otherwise might be a public relations nightmare for the nfl.

Not to mention that the issue wasn't taking the signs, rather an unauthorized camera on the sidelines after previously being warned against doing so. But hey, lets not get in the way of the lore that is hard at work here. OMFG!!!CHEATERS!!!

It's hilarious. As if while the play clock is ticking down, they can look over to the other sideline, get the signal, interpret it, choose a play accordingly, relay the play to Brady, and then look for any changes and adjust accordingly. It just goes to show the low football IQ some fans have.

NFL coaches use opposing signals to track trends in coaching philosophy. If I know what you usually call in this situation, I can adjust my situational play sheet accordingly during the week and have a better set of plays at my disposal. It saves some first year video assistant hours of logging shifting on film.

spikes.jpg

Not to mention that the issue wasn't taking the signs, rather an unauthorized camera on the sidelines after previously being warned against doing so. But hey, lets not get in the way of the lore that is hard at work here. OMFG!!!CHEATERS!!!

It's hilarious. As if while the play clock is ticking down, they can look over to the other sideline, get the signal, interpret it, choose a play accordingly, relay the play to Brady, and then look for any changes and adjust accordingly. It just goes to show the low football IQ some fans have.

NFL coaches use opposing signals to track trends in coaching philosophy. If I know what you usually call in this situation, I can adjust my situational play sheet accordingly during the week and have a better set of plays at my disposal. It saves some first year video assistant hours of logging shifting on film.

Well, they got fined and had their number one draft choice taken from them. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks they were trying to cheat.

Ya know, just that fact that this bothers you so much speaks volumes. But, this is a friendly site and I'm not going to waste any more of this thread on this subject. So how about this!? from now on I'll refer to them as the Patriots*

I take it someone just came out of a coma they've been in since October, when, you know, these things were fresh and not played out... and kind of pathetic.

But by all means, if you want to seem like a whiny manbaby, we won't stop you.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived