Tampa Bay Buccaneers Uniform Concept

-(dp)-

The orange is not forced. it gives the numbers and stripes necessary punch while subtly incorporating a bygone era of Buccaneer football. These look washed out and have a little too much in common with recent 49ers design sensibilities and history.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hmm... I messed around with adding orange, and it just is not working. In my opinion, a team doesn't need four colors (five if you count white) in their uniforms. I mean, I love orange, and wish a team would go with orange jerseys as their primary homes (preferably the Broncos), but it just doesn't work here, in my opinion anyways. Maybe if they kept it the creamsicle orange, but it seems darker, causing even more problems with the red. I don't think the orange adds anything to the Bucs uniforms, other than one color too many.

The numbers on the current white bucs jerseys are hard to read, because the orange and red blend together, and then they have the extra thick black outline too. I went to the Lions-Buccaneers game this year, and the Lions were in black with the Bucs in white. Both horrible as far as number legibility.

Andrew, your response kind of surprised me. You seem to, from what I have seen of your concepts, really be big on simplicity and perfectly legible numbers. With that many colors, I just can't do anything I liked. Something needed to go, and I decided it was orange. And about being close to what the niners wear, well, my concept for the niners is different than what they currently wear. So in my ideal NFL, uniform-wise, they wouldn't be too similar.

More c+c would be nice. What does everyone else think about adding orange? Does that make it too many colors? Would it e better to add orange and drop a different color?

MegatronSig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am very big on simplicity, actually. The thing is, you can do simple with a lot of colors (you can do anything, really, as long as you go about it the right way). The problem here is that all the colors are pretty dark, and only red has an attention-grabbing level of intensity, so it looks washed out. The orange provides a much needed contrast to the black, pewter and red (I have no problem seeing it against the red in real life, check your RGB values for the official colors if you can. Maybe eyedrop them from SSUR.org or something?) Truth be told, I'd rather see the elimination of black rather than orange, but I think the Bucs are one of the best examples of four+ color sports design that I can think of.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think the orange provides the contrast that the bucs set needs. I like the current set. With the elimination of orange, your choice to add pewter to the jersey is just bleh. It's OK not to have all colors represented on all elements of the uniform. Having side panels on the jersey handcuffs you into multiple pants and jersey combos just to make things work.

FWIW: IMO, white is a "blank canvas" color. I never include it as a color because all teams use it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived