Boston Bruins Alternate Concept

Bruins4Life

Alrighty...now it may be just me, maybe this really does look o.k. but I felt so far out of my element making this concept it wasn't funny! I can whip a wallpaper up in no time flat, but with this I didn't know what was going on half the time. I wanted nice clean, somewhat think lines, and I knew I wanted to use the new Bear head from the shoulder logos, and that I wanted the majority of it to be yellow! I borrowed a bit from the Kings jerseys and jumped on the front number bandwagon, but other than that...it seems nice a clean and original. Let me know what you think.

Oh ya and I think the yellow needs a bit of tweaking to get it just right, but hell it's gettin' late and the brain is shuttin' down! Check it out!!

EDIT> Alrighty then...finally woke up and showed the wifey and she said the same thing I heard here..."looks a bit green!" So after that and after viewing some of the C&C here, I went and gave it an overhaul. No more green (hopefully) white lettering, removal of all things "KING"ish, and no front numbers! Just nice and simple lines and numbers! Let me know what you think.

bruinsaltbw7.png

The biggest problem I see is that the numbers should be white and the letters on the bottom should be gold or black.

White numbers.....why didn't I think of that? Well it may have had something to do with the toothpicks I was using to hold my eyelids open and my brains starting to hibernate! lol I'll give it a fix and see what ya think!

It doesn't look like the color is right...should be more goldish and less greenish. Other than that its pretty good!

I agree! I mentioned int he original post...or at least I thought I did....or at least I meant to, that I thought the color should be more yellow as gold is a tough color to pull off in Photoshop. Also I didn't want it to end up being too Predators pre-edge alternative! I must wake up get a pot of coffee into me and see what I can do!

The logo is really good, that is exactley what I want the Bruins to do for an alternate jersey.

However the numbers on the front, mehh. I really hope no original 6 team goes with numbers on hte front of their jersey and the Bruins at the bottom of the jersey not really feeling that either. Looks forced and out of place.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The logo is really good, that is exactley what I want the Bruins to do for an alternate jersey.

However the numbers on the front, mehh. I really hope no original 6 team goes with numbers on hte front of their jersey and the Bruins at the bottom of the jersey not really feeling that either. Looks forced and out of place.

No front numbers, now Kings-Bruins script. Should be alright now!

It looks much better!

What if you removed the horizontal stripes at the bottom though? Reminds me of (although looks 100x better) the Calgary Flames with horizontal and vertical stripes on the jersey.

But I am really just being picky. Great Job!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

It looks much better!

What if you removed the horizontal stripes at the bottom though? Reminds me of (although looks 100x better) the Calgary Flames with horizontal and vertical stripes on the jersey.

But I am really just being picky. Great Job!

I thought about that as well...but then looking at it with the mesh running to the very bottom and all that, I thought it might make it just a little too plain and come off looking like a practice jersey instead of a third jersey. I originally had it that way b4 I kept tinkering last night.

For the striping on the bottom you have to move it up and add some gold space below it. Stripes right at the bottom of the jersey would be very difficult to see if a player was actually wearing this. Also add some stripes on the sleeves as well and try to eliminate the cuffs. I like the bear head you used and the overall design is good but I think these few changes have to be made.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

For the striping on the bottom you have to move it up and add some gold space below it. Stripes right at the bottom of the jersey would be very difficult to see if a player was actually wearing this. Also add some stripes on the sleeves as well and try to eliminate the cuffs. I like the bear head you used and the overall design is good but I think these few changes have to be made.

I think I will tinker a bit more and post a few that I come up with! Check back soon.

Archived