Other Sports Message Boards You Visit

-Helix-

Just wondering what other message boards everyone visits for their respective sporting interests.

Here are mine:

Hockey -

hfboards.com

forums.internationalhockey.net

College Football -

ncaabbs.com

Soccer -

bigsoccer.com

Auto Racing -

insider.speedtv.com

And of course I get my fix of everything else from here at CC. :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me? None. I used to cruise the Pittsburgh Pens boards, but for the most part, it's one big boner for Crosby or some sentimental crap for Recchi. Then you'll have someone quote how "I coached my seven year old's pee wee club and hockey isn't that tough. The lines should be..."

I also used to cruise the TB Bucs boards. I got ran off about 4 years ago because the mods let it be flooded with George Bush talk and I kept telling people this was a football forum. I browse it occasionally, but it's full of "why don't we sign...(insert every star player's name)" "We should have Ronde talk Tiki out of retirement because..."

The Pirates board...well the board sucks to begin with and that team, it's owners, etc are so cheap, I cannot even begin to think of having to get any excitement about them. PS I don't care that there are 27 bobblehead nights and 15 firework nights coming up in '08 or we'll be competitive in '12. I'd rather see a team that could win 80+ on a regular basis...now.

Most of the time, official sites are just full of homers who like the team when they are hot and cannot accept criticism. I gave up on them. That's just me though.

KISSwall09.jpg

Just this. I occasionally post at prowrestling.net, but it's mostly for kids and unreasonably angry wrestling fans, so that's it as far as message boards are concerned. Outside of sports, several years ago I was an active member of dailykos.com, but they've become too nutty even for me.

Like infrared said, this board is mostly the best for everything. Intelligent (sometimes surprisingly so) sports conversation and good dialouge on many other topics.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

ebsports.net, for my NBA fix.

FalconsLIFE for my Falcons fix (even though they seriously have some stupid people on those boards...now that Vick is gone, he's no longer the end-all, be-all of Falcons conversation on that board...DeAngelo Hall is...-sigh-)

I used to frequent the No Mercy Zone, which was a place where pro wrestling was discussed, but there were too many guys there who were SO anti-noob that they shut down registration and banned everybody with 3,000 posts or less, leaving for about 12 people, 8 of which were admins.

This one is the best, however. It's the most civil when it comes to sports talk.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I may catch flak for this, but for a while I was a Fanhome lurker. Then I woke up :P

Does Fanhome even EXIST anymore? :P

Other than this site, it's pretty simple: saintsreport.com and hornetsreport.com (where you can find my Tribute to the New Orleans Jazz, with history, stats, analysis, photos, and memorabilia (shameless plug).

Between this site and those two, I waste far too much of my workday.....

B)

It is what it is.

Does Fanhome even EXIST anymore? :P

I think they renammed it thescoreboards.com. I used to be a member there but I got disinterested into posting on message boards for a while. I never felt like going back since I post here regularly these days. One message board is enough for me.

Just this. I occasionally post at prowrestling.net, but it's mostly for kids and unreasonably angry wrestling fans, so that's it as far as message boards are concerned. Outside of sports, several years ago I was an active member of dailykos.com, but they've become too nutty even for me.

I used to post there too. Man, some days I would go in there and wonder if I was like any of those people. Next to some of the losers there, the problems that have occured with members on this board are nothing.

Used to post on some bands sites, but they've all slowly died off.

www.anygivensaturday.com

FCS (I-AA) talk

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived