Aspects of Athletic Design...

YELDARBfield

While I was recently stopped at a set of train tracks, I got to looking at the engine's paint job and noticed something, um, "familiar" about it.

For some reason, when I saw the front of this:

CSXFt3.jpg

...I saw the bottom of this:

ValicevicPredsF.jpg

The arrangement of the "similar" colours on the train reminded me of the bottom of the Predators old sweaters. I was kind of proud of myself for spotting it but soon realised that I had become quite the jersey design dork. :P

Has anyone else on here ever spotted aspects of jersey or logo design in "real" life, or am I just crazy?

• 6 months later...
So I'm walking through the woods and it strikes me, the Sabres logo

Slug.jpg

Slap some horns on that thing, and I think the Slugaloes may just have a new live mascot!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sorry to bump my own seven-month-old thread, but I found something else.

I went to the local Old Navy, saw this:

70s_Astros_Polo.jpg

...and immediately was reminded of this:

nl_1975_houston.gif

I totally have that shirt. I could just buy some Astros lettering and make myself an authentic throwback jersey. BRILLIANT!

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

70s_Astros_Polo.jpg

nl_1975_houston.gif

I totally have that shirt. I could just buy some Astros lettering and make myself an authentic throwback jersey. BRILLIANT!

Except it wouldn't be authentic.... would it?

And this had nothing to do with jersey design, but when the heck did people start wearing 2 collar shirts at one time?

There's a cash advance place near my house that has a thick blue-thin white-thick red striping along the side of the building that looks exactly like the side striping on the Detroit Pistons jerseys.

Next time I pass it, I'll take a pic.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

70s_Astros_Polo.jpg

nl_1975_houston.gif

And this had nothing to do with jersey design, but when the heck did people start wearing 2 collar shirts at one time?

coolness-popped-collar-demotivational-poster.jpg

70s_Astros_Polo.jpg

nl_1975_houston.gif

coolness-popped-collar-demotivational-poster.jpg

Damnit, I was just about to go looking for that picture :P

To keep it on topic....The different shades of green remind me of the old Milwaukee Bucs jerseys

Interesting topic...

I had noticed something like this right here in Salem, Oregon. All of our free parking garages in downtown use a color combo and overall design which struck me as familiar...

downsized_0626080904.jpg

0626080903.jpg

...could be related to...

mn-cav76h34.jpg

Hrmmmm...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Interesting topic...

I had noticed something like this right here in Salem, Oregon. All of our free parking garages in downtown use a color combo and overall design which struck me as familiar...

[images removed]

...could be related to...

[images removed]

Hrmmmm...

And here I was thinking the San Diego Padres circa 1978. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Archived