Aspects of Athletic Design...

YELDARBfield

Interesting topic...

I had noticed something like this right here in Salem, Oregon. All of our free parking garages in downtown use a color combo and overall design which struck me as familiar...

[images removed]

...could be related to...

[images removed]

Hrmmmm...

And I here I was thinking the San Diego Padres circa 1978. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

And here I was thinking old old school Bruins:

51-23722-P.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• 9 months later...

Yep, I'm bumping this again.

Saturday was Freed-Hardeman University's Spring Commencement. For events such as Commencement, Inauguration, or The Tolling of the Bell, the school will break out banners that represent the 5 schools (Science and Mathematics, Business, Arts and Humanities, Biblical Studies, and Education) as well as the Honors College (not pictured below).

Look at this picture and just guess what I saw. (Sorry for the terrible quality.)

FHUbyAdidas.jpg

And I thought the logo creep in MLS was bad...

Interesting topic...

I had noticed something like this right here in Salem, Oregon. All of our free parking garages in downtown use a color combo and overall design which struck me as familiar...

downsized_0626080904.jpg

Funny, my first thought was of the P's similarity to the Boilermakers' "motion P" logo:

Purdue%20Logo%202003.gif

you'd need to press italic but it's similar.

Saturday was Freed-Hardeman University's Spring Commencement. For events such as Commencement, Inauguration, or The Tolling of the Bell, the school will break out banners that represent the 5 schools (Science and Mathematics, Business, Arts and Humanities, Biblical Studies, and Education) as well as the Honors College (not pictured below).

Look at this picture and just guess what I saw. (Sorry for the terrible quality.)

FHUbyAdidas.jpg

aside from the banner with the school logo on it, i fail to see the logo creep.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

FHUbyAdidas.jpg

Three stripes on all of the banners. At least that's the first thing that jumped out at me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Interesting topic...

downsized_0626080904.jpg

Funny, my first thought was of the P's similarity to the Boilermakers' "motion P" logo:

Purdue%20Logo%202003.gif

you'd need to press italic but it's similar.

Except that it's not really that similar.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Three stripes on all of the banners. At least that's the first thing that jumped out at me.

ok i see it but i really didn't think adidas when i first saw it though.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

ok i see it but i really didn't think adidas when i first saw it though.

Since it is graduation time, most colleges will use gonfalons (the name for the banner held by a cross) to indicate the academic units. It is a tradition from medieval Italy. In the case alluded to, each college may not have a logo for each school/division/et al, so the academic color from your tassel is used. If the college just used a solid color for the bottom third I would not assume Chevron Corporation.

Archived