Pet Peeve.

oddball

I happened to be watching the Big 10 Conference replay of Purdue vs. Indiana and noticed that Indiana was wearing black socks with their throwbacks. I would've thought they would've been wearing white socks, but now I'm watching the Holiday Bowl and noticed that Texas is wearing black socks. My question is who said this looks good and does a kid really sit there and say, "I won't go to that school because they are wearing white socks as opposed to black socks"? I wish there was someone who would put sanity back in college sports and tell these kids that black socks look stupid and if you're choosing your school based on the color of socks then just hand me your money and I'll take care of it!

If Black is not in the "official" team colors, why do teams wear them? IMO-when you let the players pick certain items - it can create problems. I am not opposed to the input from your players, I do it with my team. They wanted to go with black socks, as we have black pants, but it didn't look right, instead I said we would wear our red socks and it matches well when we wear our white tops and really looks great with our red tops.

Anyway, Texas does use black as an accent from time to time, but I'll have to check PANTONE's file to see if it's in the official color guide, but I don't believe it is. Stupid Longhorns (this coming from a guy who lived in Austin and many family members graduated from UT).

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

hate it when people slow down as they drive down the freeway onramp instead of speed up

I hate when you wait behind another person in a fast food line for five minutes and when they get to the counter, they can't decide

what they want and spend another minute deciding.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

If Black is not in the "official" team colors, why do teams wear them? IMO-when you let the players pick certain items - it can create problems. I am not opposed to the input from your players, I do it with my team. They wanted to go with black socks, as we have black pants, but it didn't look right, instead I said we would wear our red socks and it matches well when we wear our white tops and really looks great with our red tops.

Anyway, Texas does use black as an accent from time to time, but I'll have to check PANTONE's file to see if it's in the official color guide, but I don't believe it is. Stupid Longhorns (this coming from a guy who lived in Austin and many family members graduated from UT).

What do you play, high school or college?

And to me it's always seemed like college follows the NBA thing where you where the same color socks as your shoes, but I agree that it looks dumb when teams like Texas have black.

I've always wondered why hardly any college teams where NFL-style socks...

*sits back and waits for dennisbergen to swoop in with a vicious, insulting response about how terrible striped socks are*

Mine is when people "slide" in under the lock of a thread that is for sure going to the graveyard because the stray way off from the original topic and never come close to reverting back to the original subject, which was questionable in the first place. That being said...

In before the lock? :huh:

my pet peeve is when i'm at a game (I never sit in my assigned seat) and sometime during the game, long after the opening tip/kick/pitch/faceoff/scrum etc, someone bitches at me that i'm in their seat. Too bad. Come when the game starts, or don't come at all.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

my pet peeve is when i'm at a game (I never sit in my assigned seat) and sometime during the game, long after the opening tip/kick/pitch/faceoff/scrum etc, someone bitches at me that i'm in their seat. Too bad. Come when the game starts, or don't come at all.

My pet peeve is when I pay for a ticket to an event, get caught up with something else that keeps me from being on time, and then have to deal with some assface who won't get out of my seat.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

My pet peeve is when I pay for a ticket to an event, get caught up with something else that keeps me from being on time, and then have to deal with some assface who won't get out of my seat.

My pet peeve is when people actually force me to agree with Gitlin, as is the case here. <_<

at a place like Ohio Stadium where there are so many seats and bench seats at that, I know very few people are actually sitting in their prescribed seat, but at an arena or a stadium with regular nonbench seats I think you kinda have to sit in your seat.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I happened to be watching the Big 10 Conference replay of Purdue vs. Indiana and noticed that Indiana was wearing black socks with their throwbacks. I would've thought they would've been wearing white socks, but now I'm watching the Holiday Bowl and noticed that Texas is wearing black socks. My question is who said this looks good and does a kid really sit there and say, "I won't go to that school because they are wearing white socks as opposed to black socks"? I wish there was someone who would put sanity back in college sports and tell these kids that black socks look stupid and if you're choosing your school based on the color of socks then just hand me your money and I'll take care of it!

I've been wanting an answer to that question for the longest time my damn self

i mean i can see a team like Wake Forest for example doing the black socks thing

but a team like Wisconsin NO

+ i think the use of the black colored ankle braces is main reason for the black socks think as well IMO

aso_ankle_brace.jpg

As a stadium employee, my pet peeve is immature idiots like you. Fortunately, I work in a stadium where neither a cop nor a holding cell are ever very far away.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My question is who said this looks good and does a kid really sit there and say, "I won't go to that school because they are wearing white socks as opposed to black socks"? I wish there was someone who would put sanity back in college sports and tell these kids that black socks look stupid and if you're choosing your school based on the color of socks then just hand me your money and I'll take care of it!

A few years ago, I read a lengthy piece about the recruiting of a highly-touted football recruit from Texas and the processes that he went through in picking the college that he was going to play for. His demands were what kind of helmet that he could wear, what type of facemask, shoes and even if he could "spat" his shoes in white. It went on and on with his demands and that was even before that he was going to make the team. So, yes, kids do sit around and pick the school based on the color of their socks.

Archived