Rose Bowl

illini1

Just wondered if anyone has seen a picture of what the field is going to look like for this year's Rose Bowl. I've been looking for pics, but haven't been able to find any. I think the Rose Bowl does the best job with the endzones and all of the other logos on the field (college and pro). Whoever the Rose Bowl's groundskeeper is it seems like they really put thought into the visual look of the field.

Also, does anyone know if either team will be wearing special Rose Bowl patches on the tops of the shoulders (like Michigan usually wears). I know they'll both be wearing the generic Rose Bowl patch each team wears every year. Those patches are really unique to the Rose Bowl. Teams don't usually do it for other bowl.

The Illini will wear a standard Rose Bowl patch on I believe their right upper chest (almost shoulder, but not in the way Michigan actually put it up on top of their shoulder).

I don't have inside information, but I'm pretty sure I've seen that. And I've see jersey t-shirts sold that way, too.

I saw a shot of it during the Lakers game. If I remember correctly, it was orange on the Illini side with blue text and crimson with yellow on SC's.

I too was watching the game and saw the shot you were referring to. I thought the writing was white, but couldn't tell for sure, seeing as it was a blimp shot and I couldn't zoom in on the image. USC's endzone looks to be the same as it has been during their most recent appearances in 2004, 2006, and 2007.

I remember the issue of uniform patches came up last year, and it was somewhat decided that the new uniform templates make it difficult to impossible to make the specialty patches for the Rose Bowl uniforms. Last year Michigan only had the standard Rose Bowl patch on the chest, so this may indeed back up this position. It's a shame- the patches that the Big 10 and Pac 10 teams wore was one of the things that made the Rose Bowl just a bit more special than the other bowls.

Another strike against the BCS!

I saw a shot of it during the Lakers game. If I remember correctly, it was orange on the Illini side with blue text and crimson with yellow on SC's.

I too was watching the game and saw the shot you were referring to. I thought the writing was white, but couldn't tell for sure, seeing as it was a blimp shot and I couldn't zoom in on the image. USC's endzone looks to be the same as it has been during their most recent appearances in 2004, 2006, and 2007.

I remember the issue of uniform patches came up last year, and it was somewhat decided that the new uniform templates make it difficult to impossible to make the specialty patches for the Rose Bowl uniforms. Last year Michigan only had the standard Rose Bowl patch on the chest, so this may indeed back up this position. It's a shame- the patches that the Big 10 and Pac 10 teams wore was one of the things that made the Rose Bowl just a bit more special than the other bowls.

The BCS has nothing at all to do with the uniform styles that the teams wear, but if the style of the uniforms means that teams can't wear the shoulder patches, it's sad.

The BCS has nothing at all to do with the uniform styles that the teams wear, but if the style of the uniforms means that teams can't wear the shoulder patches, it's sad.

Looks like someone missed the joke. Obviously there are some people who don't buy into the prevailing opinion that the BCS has ruined everything about college football. <_<

Looks like someone missed the joke. Obviously there are some people who don't buy into the prevailing opinion that the BCS has ruined everything about college football. <_<

I apologize for missing the joke! Not to turn this into a BCS thing, but I really don't think the BCS has ruined everything about college football, it just changed the equation of who goes to what bowl, and in reality how many tickets you sell has more of a bearing on who goes to what bowl. What's ruined college football is the over abundance of bowl games and 6-6 teams being rewarded and allowed to go to bowl games. They need to cut about 10 of the bowl games and no team with fewer than 7 wins deserves to be in a bowl game. Someone please tell me why UCLA played BYU again? Oh yeah, supposidly the Vegas bowl thought they'd sell tickets. What's ruined college football is president's want for more money in their pocket! Anyway, if it was up to me (which it's not) all football players would be wearing uniforms from the late 80's early 90's (aka sleeves!), but it's not, so I suffer.

The Illini will wear a standard Rose Bowl patch on I believe their right upper chest (almost shoulder, but not in the way Michigan actually put it up on top of their shoulder).

I don't have inside information, but I'm pretty sure I've seen that. And I've see jersey t-shirts sold that way, too.

THe Illinin should also wear a black armband for the needless loss of Chief Illinwek, thanks to the commies at the NCAA!!!!

BRING BACK CHIEF ILLINIWEK!!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Purdue wear a "rose" on it's helmet in the 2001 when they played Washington in the Rose Bowl.

2001 Rose Bowl: Washington 34 Purdue 24 - Drew Brees was the QB

Purdue_RoseBowlLoog.jpg

Purdue_Rosebowlpix.jpg

1984 - Both UCLA and Illinois have logos on their jerseys

UCLAquaterbackRickNeuheisel1985Rose.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived