16-0-0

Mac the Knife

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I hate New England and most of the fans from that area...I'll pull a faux-classy maneuver and say congratulations...its never easy to go undefeated.

At the pens game I was at today, whenever they annouced the giants were winning, the arena would erupt...says something about what a team like that has to go through off the field, so props to them for putting up with it.

oBIgzrL.png

Didn't want it to happen, not sure why I did, but I didn't, but congrats to the Patriots for being the second team in NFL history to have an undefeated and untied record. If they don't win the Super Bowl I will laugh, but they probably will.

So what does Shula and all those old farts do now?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Congrats to Pats, but without the trophy, the season isn't perfect.

I hope the conspiracy theorists don't look at the slow pace of the Giants, especially in the 4th quarter as "letting" them have the record. The time management was horrible for the Giants.

Congrats Pats, it was a fun game.

2000Patch.jpg

Didn't want it to happen, not sure why I did, but I didn't, but congrats to the Patriots for being the second team in NFL history to have an undefeated and untied record. If they don't win the Super Bowl I will laugh, but they probably will.

So what does Shula and all those old farts do now?

Complain about the cost of prescriptions and the price of batteries for their Rascal carts.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I've actually been rooting for them to do it ever since that Ravens game. It's not every year that you get to see a team go undefeated so I find the run to perfection more entertaining than the usual playoff storylines. Also, I've come to really dislike Mercury Morris.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Congratulations to Patriot fans on their team going through an unblemished regular season. While I'm neither a Pats fan or one who believes this really means anything unless followed by a league championship, the achievement is nonetheless impressive.

I congratulate the Patriots on going 16-0... their fans, not so much....

I saw, I came, I left.

Congratulations to Patriot fans on their team going through an unblemished regular season. While I'm neither a Pats fan or one who believes this really means anything unless followed by a league championship, the achievement is nonetheless impressive.

Agreed, I only congratulate the TEAM. :censored: the fans. What did they do, other than be insufferable blowhards who bragged about stuff they didn't control, influence, or contribute to in any way, shape, form, or fashion?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

While I'm neither a Pats fan or one who believes this really means anything unless followed by a league championship, the achievement is nonetheless impressive.

I disagree. 16-0 in the NFL is huge no matter what happens next.

I won't call them the best ever because it's pointless to say any one team was "The Best Ever" but they are by far the best team of this era and certainly among the all-time greats.

BB52Big.jpg

:)

that's about all i can come up with. good job, boys.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

congrats to the Patriots for being the second team in NFL history to have an undefeated and untied record.

I think the 1934 and 1942 Chicago Bears might disagree with you. Both went undefeated and untied in the regular season, just like the Dolphins and Patriots have...

Some of us have followed the Patriots from the 1-15 and 2-14 seasons.

The Dick McPherson and Pete Carroll eras.

The seasons of picking Eugene Chung, Irving Fryar (instead of Jerry Rice) and Chris Singleton (instead of Junior Seau or Cortez Kennedy)

To those fans who have been on this journey, as I have, I feel vindicated in my pride & satisfaction.

This is a great place to start, but really, without winning the Super Bowl this season can't be regarded as a success.

I expect they will win it, but there's three very tough games to go before that is acheived.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Agreed, I only congratulate the TEAM. :censored: the fans. What did they do, other than be insufferable blowhards who bragged about stuff they didn't control, influence, or contribute to in any way, shape, form, or fashion?

So you can't congratulate the fans who have stuck with this team, through thick and thin, on finally being able to witness their team do well? I'm sure if you went through 2-4 wins seasons for a couple of decades and then you finally see your team achieve an elite record, you would want people congratulating you. Don't lie. You know you would.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I've witnessed two 2-14 seasons (1981 and 1992), a 1-15 season (1991) and at least three 5-win seasons. I didn't get to watch the team on TV unless they were on the road. I didn't even know they wore red until I caught the occasional sports highlight on the news. The Patriots didn't even win a playoff game that I remembered until I was 13. Both Super Bowl appearances were catastrophes.

For most my life, the Patriots were the least likely team to be a world champion, much less one considered the dominant force in the league. Even after the first 2 Super Bowl wins, it didn't seem real.

Now it does. I am happy that my team is the best in the league, the one that dominates just about every opponent it faces, the one that is the hands-down favorite to win the whole thing.

Don't blame the team for the coverage. Blame the media.

These things go in cycles. There were the Cowboys and Steelers of the 70s, the 49ers of the 80s, the Cowboys (again) and the Bills of the 90s. Most likely there will be another team to replace the Patriots as media darlings and league enforcers.

To all you haters that don't like me just because of the teams I support, that happen to be in the city that no one likes anymore, go * yourselves. I am enjoying this until it ends.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The seasons of picking Eugene Chung, Irving Fryar (instead of Jerry Rice) and Chris Singleton (instead of Junior Seau or Cortez Kennedy)

To those fans who have been on this journey, as I have, I feel vindicated in my pride & satisfaction.

This is a great place to start, but really, without winning the Super Bowl this season can't be regarded as a success.

I expect they will win it, but there's three very tough games to go before that is acheived.

How could they of drafted Seau or Kennedy? They were both picked before the Patriots first pick.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

How could they of drafted Seau or Kennedy? They were both picked before the Patriots first pick.

Yes, they were. and while I don't mean they were left on the table and they picked Singleton before them, but they were all drafted within a few picks of each other.

Yes, the others might have gone before him, but Singleton was very close behind in the draft, but a very long way behind in output.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived