16-0-0

Mac the Knife

Congratulations to Patriot fans on their team going through an unblemished regular season. While I'm neither a Pats fan or one who believes this really means anything unless followed by a league championship, the achievement is nonetheless impressive.

I congratulate the Patriots on going 16-0... their fans, not so much....

Agreed, I only congratulate the TEAM. :censored: the fans. What did they do, other than be insufferable blowhards who bragged about stuff they didn't control, influence, or contribute to in any way, shape, form, or fashion?

So you can't congratulate the fans who have stuck with this team, through thick and thin, on finally being able to witness their team do well?

Finally? They've won three Super Bowls in the last six years!

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always fun to see history being made. I was rooting for history tonight. Congrats to the Patriots for making a little bit of it tonight.

That said, they still have a ways to go. In my opinion, they won't be on the same plane as the '72 Dolphins until they win the Super Bowl. I can't see them not doing that, but there's still work to be done.

And I hope they do it. Like I said, I'm rooting for history.

Some of us have followed the Patriots from the 1-15 and 2-14 seasons.

The Dick McPherson and Pete Carroll eras.

The seasons of picking Eugene Chung, Irving Fryar (instead of Jerry Rice) and Chris Singleton (instead of Junior Seau or Cortez Kennedy)

To those fans who have been on this journey, as I have, I feel vindicated in my pride & satisfaction.

This is a great place to start, but really, without winning the Super Bowl this season can't be regarded as a success.

I expect they will win it, but there's three very tough games to go before that is acheived.

How could they of drafted Seau or Kennedy? They were both picked before the Patriots first pick.

Yes, they were. and while I don't mean they were left on the table and they picked Singleton before them, but they were all drafted within a few picks of each other.

Yes, the others might have gone before him, but Singleton was very close behind in the draft, but a very long way behind in output.

Agreed. But that's the draft. It's either a hit or miss thing. When's the last time in any draft, that the first 10-12 picks have been All-Stars? None. You sound as if you think Singleton should be playing like the players around him, obviously reflected on where he was selected in the draft. So is Tom Brady supposed to play like a 6th round pick?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

Congratulations to Patriot fans on their team going through an unblemished regular season. While I'm neither a Pats fan or one who believes this really means anything unless followed by a league championship, the achievement is nonetheless impressive.

Agreed, I only congratulate the TEAM. :censored: the fans. What did they do, other than be insufferable blowhards who bragged about stuff they didn't control, influence, or contribute to in any way, shape, form, or fashion?

So you can't congratulate the fans who have stuck with this team, through thick and thin, on finally being able to witness their team do well? I'm sure if you went through 2-4 wins seasons for a couple of decades and then you finally see your team achieve an elite record, you would want people congratulating you. Don't lie. You know you would.

I'm sure those 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 years took care of your memories of 2-win seasons. This is the exact thing why people are getting tired of Boston fans: Despite winning 3 Super Bowls and 2 World Series this decade, their fans still bring up "86 years" and "2-win, 4-win seasons" like they just happened, and still refer to themselves as "long-suffering fans".

That said, I congratulate the team and their front office for completing the perfect regular season. It's a feat that, right now, can't be topped. Congrats on breaking the points record, the TD passes record, the TD receptions record, etc. Their fans, however, can go screw themselves and knock off that "long-suffering" act.

The seasons of picking Eugene Chung, Irving Fryar (instead of Jerry Rice) and Chris Singleton (instead of Junior Seau or Cortez Kennedy)

To those fans who have been on this journey, as I have, I feel vindicated in my pride & satisfaction.

This is a great place to start, but really, without winning the Super Bowl this season can't be regarded as a success.

I expect they will win it, but there's three very tough games to go before that is acheived.

How could they of drafted Seau or Kennedy? They were both picked before the Patriots first pick.

Yes, they were. and while I don't mean they were left on the table and they picked Singleton before them, but they were all drafted within a few picks of each other.

Yes, the others might have gone before him, but Singleton was very close behind in the draft, but a very long way behind in output.

Agreed. But that's the draft. It's either a hit or miss thing. When's the last time in any draft, that the first 10-12 picks have been All-Stars? None. You sound as if you think Singleton should be playing like the players around him, obviously reflected on where he was selected in the draft. So is Tom Brady supposed to play like a 6th round pick?

I just looked it up, he was pick 8. And Ray Agnew was pick 10. (!!) Kennedy was 3 overall, and Seau was 5 overall

My point was that back in those days the Patriots couldn't take a trick when it came to drafting players.

And other guys, drafted around the same number ended up being superstars.

These days, we draft Tom Brady in the 6th Round and everyone else says "those damn Patriots were lucky again".

All I'm saying is; it's about time.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

So you can't congratulate the fans who have stuck with this team, through thick and thin, on finally being able to witness their team do well? I'm sure if you went through 2-4 wins seasons for a couple of decades and then you finally see your team achieve an elite record, you would want people congratulating you. Don't lie. You know you would.

I'm sure those 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 years took care of your memories of 2-win seasons. This is the exact thing why people are getting tired of Boston fans: Despite winning 3 Super Bowls and 2 World Series this decade, their fans still bring up "86 years" and "2-win, 4-win seasons" like they just happened, and still refer to themselves as "long-suffering fans".

That said, I congratulate the team and their front office for completing the perfect regular season. It's a feat that, right now, can't be topped. Congrats on breaking the points record, the TD passes record, the TD receptions record, etc. Their fans, however, can go screw themselves and knock off that "long-suffering" act.

We'll stop "making excuses" when people stop generalizing every single Boston fan.

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

Now that I think about that....

....no, I wouldn't. I expect you to congratulate the team because the players and the management are the ones that did the job of winning championships, not the fans. It is nice to see long-suffering fans feel the joy of their team winning, but to congratulate them on doing something other than pay tickets to the games, merchandise etc. is a stretch.

I saw, I came, I left.

....no, I wouldn't. I expect you to congratulate the team because the players and the management are the ones that did the job of winning championships, not the fans. It is nice to see long-suffering fans feel the joy of their team winning, but to congratulate them on doing something other than pay tickets to the games, merchandise etc. is a stretch.

Alright. Then whenever some refers to their "fanship" of a team as "we" or something similar, you are there to remind them that they are not affiliated with the organization in any way, shape or form.

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

I guess I'll get in on this little discussion...

Do you honestly think that fans don't do any good for their team? Why do you think the players on the defense encourage fans to get up be excited and make some noise? While the thought of the fans having an outcome of a game or season may be a stretch, it certainly is there.

Even when I played on the high school level I hated away games. The fans sometimes were rude (especially Rockhurst), I had to ride a bus for 4+ hours, and sometimes it would be hard to hear the cadence when the crowed was up.

All I'm saying is, while the fans don't win the championship directly, without the fans there would be no team.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I guess I'll get in on this little discussion...

Do you honestly think that fans don't do any good for their team? Why do you think the players on the defense encourage fans to get up be excited and make some noise? While the thought of the fans having an outcome of a game or season may be a stretch, it certainly is there.

Even when I played on the high school level I hated away games. The fans sometimes were rude (especially Rockhurst), I had to ride a bus for 4+ hours, and sometimes it would be hard to hear the cadence when the crowed was up.

All I'm saying is, while the fans don't win the championship directly, without the fans there would be no team.

Exactly. I can related with the high school sports, especially. My teammates and myself were praised by our home fans, but were "victims" of foul-mouthed away fans.

But that's why I loved every single minute of it....

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

Well, considering that none of the Patriots frequent the CCSLC (or at least, none that I'm aware of), I figured the fans would suffice...

nav-logo.png

congrats to the Patriots for being the second team in NFL history to have an undefeated and untied record.

I think the 1934 and 1942 Chicago Bears might disagree with you. Both went undefeated and untied in the regular season, just like the Dolphins and Patriots have...

As did the 1948 Cleveland Browns in what was considered an equal if not superior AAFC.

nav-logo.png

You forgot "I am a Patriot"....

*holds hand over his heart*

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Dude, I was rooting AGAINST the Patriots to win. I don't honestly know why, but I was. I think it's just because there has always been one undefeated team and that there always should be, but now they won and congrats to them and their fans.

Of coarse I was a Pats fan before the Rams moved to St. Louis, but now I don't like them. However, that doesn't mean I have to be angry at them or the fans. I hate how people hate the good teams just because their jealous.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Dude, I was rooting AGAINST the Patriots to win. I don't honestly know why, but I was. I think it's just because there has always been one undefeated team and that there always should be, but now they won and congrats to them and their fans.

Of coarse I was a Pats fan before the Rams moved to St. Louis, but now I don't like them. However, that doesn't mean I have to be angry at them or the fans. I hate how people hate the good teams just because their jealous.

That quote wasn't intended for you. You just happened to slip your post ahead of mine....

Amen, Rob. There are some of us who've had to endure the crappy years of Rod Rust, Dick MacPherson and the tail end of the Raymond Berry years in which this team absolutely sucked. 1-15...2-14...lean years man, lean years. I remember when it was a "big deal" when Chung was drafted in 92. Three years later, he was gone.

Most of the pompous Pats fans are those who can't name a single player from the the Grogan years (besides Grogan, of course), and their perspective is skewed. But for those of us that remember when Hart Lee Dykes, Robert Perryman, John Stephens, and Stephen Sterling were our biggest names, I know this is way more sweeter to us. Never...never...would I have ever imagined this in my wildest of dreams.

That being said...this whole Belichick/Brady thing won't last forever. That's why I'm soaking up every minute of this. This is the stuff that you tell the grandkids about.

To all the haters...thanks for hating...for real...I never thought I'd see the day when there would be so many Patriot haters.

GO PATS!!! :D

p4383226dt.jpg

Congrats to the Pats. It was just a matter of time until the '72 fins were joined atop the mountain.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

So not only is everyone who doesn't root for the Patriots a hater, everyone who doesn't congratulate their fan base is now a hater, too?

You people kill me.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Archived