16-0-0

Mac the Knife

Please.

I don't like people telling me I can't be happy that my favorite team because I've seen all the highs and lows in its history. That I'm not allowed to publicly celebrate my favorite team completing an undefeated regular season because they won a Super Bowl 3 years ago. That I can't enjoy anything because the team has won championships in the past.

Most people here don't even know what they like or don't like. They just pile against the teams getting the most media coverage, and jump on the bandwagon.

But Patriots/Boston fans aren't allowed to defend themselves against all the stereotypes because we're seen as "arrogant".

No one's telling you to not be happy with the 16-0 season.

What people are getting tired of, myself included, is that despite the Patriots winning 3 Super Bowls, going 16-0 this season, and making the playoffs now 6 of the last 7 seasons........all since 2001, their fans have continued to mention their losing seasons, their 2-14 and 4-12 seasons, etc. All the Red Sox fans have mentioned is that they are these "long-suffering" fans, even after winning 2 World Series in the past 4 seasons. It's like they're searching for the sympatheitc fanbase to hop on their bandwagons.

Gitlin was right....Boston fans have a fascination with losing. They're also getting annoyingly arrogant. Not as bad as New York fans yet, but they're gaining on them quickly.....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Cleveland or Pittsburgh; growing up in Youngstown, Ohio, I actually support both except when playing each other).

Which, with all due respect, makes you a joke in both camps. Sorry bro but that's like saying you support The Yankees and The Red Sox, The Buckeyes and The Wolverines, The Tide and The Tigers and so on...

I hate to do it but as a lifelong Browns fan, a card carrying member of Browns Backers Worldwide and native Ohioan, I have no choice. On behalf of the aforementioned groups et al, Your half-assed "fan" standing with the Browns has hereby been revoked. I am officially kicking you out of the Browns side of things. Sorry but it had to be done. Have fun with The Steelers. :P

PS, I wouldn't mention your former dual fan status to your Steeler friends. They aren't as nice about dealing with traitors as we are.

BB52Big.jpg

The seasons of picking Eugene Chung, Irving Fryar (instead of Jerry Rice) and Chris Singleton (instead of Junior Seau or Cortez Kennedy)

Irving Fryar was drafted in 1984, Jerry Rice was drafted in 1985.

Yes, they were, but the Patriots actually traded their pick to San Francisco so they could draft him.

So I always compared the two.

(It's not an exact science this comparing thing, but no matter how it used to go, the Patriots got shafted, mostly by themselves.)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

All I'm saying is, while the fans don't win the championship directly, without the fans there would be no team.

No, without players, there wouldn't be a team.

Without the fans and the revenue they bring, with what money would they be able to buy players with?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

So not only is everyone who doesn't root for the Patriots a hater, everyone who doesn't congratulate their fan base is now a hater, too?

You people kill me.

When you say something like ":censored: the fans", it's very hard for you not to get the label of a "hater".

You kill me.

It's to be expected from CCLSC's self-titled "Resident Angry Black Man"

... I think.

Otherwise, if I'm incorrect, I'll look bad... really bad.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

So not only is everyone who doesn't root for the Patriots a hater, everyone who doesn't congratulate their fan base is now a hater, too?

You people kill me.

When you say something like ":censored: the fans", it's very hard for you not to get the label of a "hater".

You kill me.

It's to be expected from CCLSC's self-titled "Resident Angry Black Man"

... I think.

Otherwise, if I'm incorrect, I'll look bad... really bad.

Read Gregjigga5's sig. That's all you need to know. (and I wrote it! B) )

BB52Big.jpg

Congratulations to the Patriots. This (2007 edition) is legitimately one of the best teams the NFL has seen. It is a difficult task to accomplish under the most optimal conditions.

(I'll refrain from the "H-word", as that is more reserved for what has gone down in Pakistan the last couple of days rather than sports.)

-------------------------------

All die hard fans have suffered at some point or another. It should be expected with sports. It is your job as a fan to stick with the team through these problems. I'd like to think we haven't hit the point where just doing your job is praiseworthy. For the record, I don't want Kudos if the Rams were to win the Super Bowl again. Just appreciate the ride.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hate to do it but as a lifelong Browns fan, a card carrying member of Browns Backers Worldwide and native Ohioan, I have no choice. On behalf of the aforementioned groups et al, Your half-assed "fan" standing with the Browns has hereby been revoked. I am officially kicking you out of the Browns side of things. Sorry but it had to be done. Have fun with The Steelers. :P

Great, now the Brownies are down to three fans. :P

oBIgzrL.png

Great, now the Brownies are down to three fans. :P

That might be somewhere near almost funny if it were even in the ballpark of being reality. Try the same joke with The Cardinals and you might have something. :P

I almost forgot to ask, so are you guys willing to take in a guy who claims allegiance to both the Steelers and Browns?

BB52Big.jpg

Great, now the Brownies are down to three fans

That might be somewhere near almost funny if it were even in the ballpark of being reality.(1) Try the same joke with The Cardinals and you might have something.

I almost forgot to ask, so are you guys willing to take in a guy who claims allegiance to both the Steelers and Browns?(2)

(1): Hey, as a Steelers fan, I have an obligation to, no matter how unessicary or unfunny, make a joke about the Browns. :P

(2): Of course not. Right now its like hes in purgatory, no heaven, no hell. (heaven being Pittsburgh...oh, look, I did it again! :P)

oBIgzrL.png

All I'm saying is, while the fans don't win the championship directly, without the fans there would be no team.

No, without players, there wouldn't be a team.

Without the fans and the revenue they bring, with what money would they be able to buy players with?

... TV revenue? :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

(Cleveland or Pittsburgh; growing up in Youngstown, Ohio, I actually support both except when playing each other).

Which, with all due respect, makes you a joke in both camps. Sorry bro but that's like saying you support The Yankees and The Red Sox, The Buckeyes and The Wolverines, The Tide and The Tigers and so on...

PS, I wouldn't mention your former dual fan status to your Steeler friends. They aren't as nice about dealing with traitors as we are.

True enough, but I also stopped being a true, devoted fan of any pro sports franchise when Art Modell hijacked the Browns to Baltimore. Once that went down, I realized I might as well be rooting for Microsoft vs. IBM, so you needn't kick me out - I left of my own volition years ago. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy it when the new Browns win though.

And truth be told, I got a helluva lot more grief wearing Steeler gear in Cleveland Municipal on the one occasion I did (to win a bet), than I ever did wearing Browns gear in Three Rivers (which I also did once).

nav-logo.png

(1): Hey, as a Steelers fan, I have an obligation to, no matter how unessicary or unfunny, make a joke about the Browns. :P

Fair enough...and just like any Steelers fan, you seem to have a little trouble with spelling. :P

more that i lose control of my typing skills when trying to type fast and am too lazy to proofread my posts...but, touche nonetheless :D

oBIgzrL.png

True enough, but I also stopped being a true, devoted fan of any pro sports franchise when Art Modell hijacked the Browns to Baltimore.

I was just goofing on you. But yeah, I know the feeling. I'm nowhere near the Browns fan I used to be. This season has helped but 1995 and all the moves that followed (Houston, The Raiders, The Rams etc.) really turned me off to being a hardcore fan of any pro sport. My only "serious" allegiance is with the Buckeyes.

BB52Big.jpg

It seems that no matter what milestone is being hit lately, there's always that cloud of controversy around them. No matter how you shake it, if you go and win 16 of 16 in a season, you've got something. Hell, go out to any sport and try to win even 10 straight games. Love 'em or hate 'em we saw a piece of history yesterday, a team won 16 games in a single season of football, not counting post-season.

So here's to history!

Please.

I don't like people telling me I can't be happy that my favorite team because I've seen all the highs and lows in its history. That I'm not allowed to publicly celebrate my favorite team completing an undefeated regular season because they won a Super Bowl 3 years ago. That I can't enjoy anything because the team has won championships in the past.

Most people here don't even know what they like or don't like. They just pile against the teams getting the most media coverage, and jump on the bandwagon.

But Patriots/Boston fans aren't allowed to defend themselves against all the stereotypes because we're seen as "arrogant".

No one's telling you to not be happy with the 16-0 season.

What people are getting tired of, myself included, is that despite the Patriots winning 3 Super Bowls, going 16-0 this season, and making the playoffs now 6 of the last 7 seasons........all since 2001, their fans have continued to mention their losing seasons, their 2-14 and 4-12 seasons, etc. All the Red Sox fans have mentioned is that they are these "long-suffering" fans, even after winning 2 World Series in the past 4 seasons. It's like they're searching for the sympatheitc fanbase to hop on their bandwagons.

Gitlin was right....Boston fans have a fascination with losing. They're also getting annoyingly arrogant. Not as bad as New York fans yet, but they're gaining on them quickly.....

It's really difficult to not be perceived as arrogant when your major sports teams are all doing really well. I think it just comes with the territory. Us Boston sports fans are being lambasted constantly and referencing the losing is our way of validating our feelings. We are experiencing winning like few cities in the past and it breeds jealousy and envy. It's the nature of the beast. When one team is on top and winning consistently the team and their fans are hated.

Substitute Boston's recent success with any other sports city in America and it's the same story. Cleveland, Atlanta, Minnesota, Philadelphia . You would hate them too and think their fan base was pompous and arrogant too.

So with that said: *uck you. Bring on the hate. I love it. You would trade a body part to be in my shoes.

Archived