16-0-0

Mac the Knife

And is it just me or did you people not give a flying :censored: about the Patriots until they started winning?

...hence the constant blackouts of Patriots games in the 1980-early 1990s.

I visited Boston in 1991, 1993 and 1995 and did not see ONE Patriots jersey any of those times.

Although the lack of jerseys in '93 and '95 might be explained by the sheer ugliness of what they wore back then ^_^

Still... I don't think anyone can deny (with a straight face) that the Pats were the bastard child of Boston sports in the 20th century. There's a reason they had to change their name to appeal to 6 states (well, 5 1/2... the other half of Connecticut is Giants territory).

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And is it just me or did you people not give a flying :censored: about the Patriots until they started winning?

I visited Boston in 1991, 1993 and 1995 and did not see ONE Patriots jersey any of those times.

Although the lack of jerseys in '93 and '95 might be explained by the sheer ugliness of what they wore back then ^_^

Still... I don't think anyone can deny (with a straight face) that the Pats were the bastard child of Boston sports in the 20th century. There's a reason they had to change their name to appeal to 6 states (well, 5 1/2... the other half of Connecticut is Giants territory).

Not to mention that flirtation of the team moving their home games to Hartford (I think that was the destination), though that could have been a ploy to get a better stadium deal in Boston/Foxboro....

Not to mention that flirtation of the team moving their home games to Hartford (I think that was the destination), though that could have been a ploy to get a better stadium deal in Boston/Foxboro....

If I remember correctly that move was pretty much a done deal but they backed out of it after Foxboro agreed to build a new stadium.

BB52Big.jpg

So with that said: *uck you. Bring on the hate. I love it. You would trade a body part to be in my shoes.

No actually...the taxes are outrageous, the property values unlivable, and I like to hear "r"s properly pronounced. Also, the roads are ridiculously small.

---------------------------------------------

The Patriots almost moved to St. Louis in the mid-90s as well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think most of the hate for the Boston teams comes from the ridiculous amount of exposure they get from ESPN, which seems to think Boston/NY is the end all be all of sports fandom and they proceed to shove it down everyones throats. I dont think its right considering ESPN is supposed to be a national network, yet since theyre based in CT, they seem to placate the masses right around their area like a regional sports network. Thats personally why I hate the Red Sox/Patriots, because I get goddamn sick and tired of hearing about them. Just you wait till the Celtics win their title this year, we wont hear the end of it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So with that said: *uck you. Bring on the hate. I love it. You would trade a body part to be in my shoes.

No actually...the taxes are outrageous, the property values unlivable, and I like to hear "r"s properly pronounced. Also, the roads are ridiculously small.

Small price to pay for...uh...football?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think most of the for the Boston teams comes from the ridiculous amount of exposure they get from ESPN, which seems to think Boston/NY is the end all be all of sports fandom and they proceed to shove it down everyones throats. I dont think its right considering ESPN is supposed to be a national network, yet since theyre based in CT, they seem to placate the masses right around their area like a regional sports network. Thats personally why I the Red Sox/Patriots, because I get goddamn sick and tired of hearing about them. Just you wait till the Celtics win their title this year, we wont hear the end of it.

Nope..........I've disliked NE/Boston for a LONG time.....Long before ESPN, or even cable TV was around. But I also agree that ESPN is the biggest NE a$$kisser out there.

Well, this thread is no different anywhere else. It's officially Boston/NE vs. the world. No going back. Haters vs. Titletown.

I would post a long explanation as to why all the haters are completely wrong, but it would be useless to people like you guys...

Oh well! :)

Well, this thread is no different anywhere else. It's officially Boston/NE vs. the world. No going back. Haters vs. Titletown.

I would post a long explanation as to why all the haters are completely wrong, but it would be useless to people like you guys...

... is it because you can't think of a long explanation? :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Small price to pay for...uh...football?

Two bucks will get you into most high school games where I live if you just want to watch football.

Television also brings the game to you. ^_^

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The only other time I have been called a hater online, was when I was called that by a guy affiliated with a franchise in the new ABA.

Illustrious company, that....

Today, we are all otaku.

I, too, wish to hear this explanation. Preferably without the use of emoticons.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Haters vs. Titletown? But I like Green Bay!

Haha, you know what I mean. :D

So now that Boston is Titletown, is it also The City That Never Sleeps, The Windy City, The City That Care Forgot, and The Red Planet?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I, too, wish to hear this explanation. Preferably without the use of emoticons.

No, I can think of it. You guys would just rip it. It would be kind of similar to jp's post on the first page, but there would be no use for me to make such explanation.

So now that Boston is Titletown, is it also The City That Never Sleeps, The Windy City, The City That Care Forgot, and The Red Planet?

Not funny.

Not funny.

The truth rarely is.

(Weren't you the guy who was torqued off over the Knicks not managing their lowest score in team history against the Celtics?)

Today, we are all otaku.

It's also Sin City, The City of Angels, Tinseltown, The City by the Bay, The City of Brotherly Love and The Centre of the Universe.

No, I can think of it. You guys would just rip it. It would be kind of similar to jp's post on the first page, but there would be no use for me to make such explanation.

Thank goodness. There would be no use for me to read it anyways..

I saw, I came, I left.

Gitlin was right....Boston fans have a fascination with losing. They're also getting annoyingly arrogant. Not as bad as New York fans yet, but they're gaining on them quickly.....

Go to a few games at Camden Yards and you might rethink your conclusion. If there is still a gap, it is awfully small these days.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The truth rarely is.

(Weren't you the guy who was torqued off over the Knicks not managing their lowest score in team history against the Celtics?)

You remember well.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived