Logos You Didn't Know They Had

fonz

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phillies logo

That one is still used frequently, especially on the local stations

And all over the stadium. It is seen far more often than their "official" primary logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

boston_dunkel2.jpg

I have a hat with the logo seen on the front there. Never had seen it before, i personally think it looks like the result of a Grizzly bear's night of passion with a wild boar.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I think that's a Zephyr version of the "Pooh Bear"

It is a Zephyr hat, and that is what it is i guess, but i was just saying what i think it looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Nationals:

2415.gif

Any good reason why the Nationals logo says Est. 1905?

Because thats the date when the original Washington baseball team was established. THey would later move to minnisotta. Also I think the logo has been used on the Nat's jersey.

I don't dispute the story, but that's an incredibly weak rationale. That would be similar to the Mets putting "Est. 1883" on their logo cos the baseball Giants started play that year.

It's even weaker than that - the Washington team started play in 1901, the inaugural season of the American League. 1905 refers to the first time the team was called the "Nationals".

So, to use your example, it would be like the Mets using "Est. 1885" on their logo, discounting the two years of play as "New York Gothams".

Even for a league that lets the Reds lie about their founding date, this is a bizarre one.

Continuing with baseball:

Cardinals:

2awpg983vfyx842ee2jc.gif

Geez, what the hell is that??? Sunny the Cocoa Puffs bird??

There are one of these for every team that has a mascot. I'd put this in the same line as the "kid" logos for some colleges. Not really a logo... IMO.

Phillies logo

That one is still used frequently, especially on the local stations

And all over the stadium. It is seen far more often than their "official" primary logo.

Isn't it on the big sign/tower thingy in the parking lot at Citizens Bank Park? I can't remember if I saw it last week at the Flyers game(I hadda park by Citizens Bank Park).

Archived