Dallas over Washington

Green Bay over Tampa

Green Bay over Dallas

Super Bowl XLII:

New England over Green Bay 31-23

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

AFC:

First Round

San Diego Chargers vs. Tennessee Titans (Moderate win for SD)

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Jags win by a few)

Second Round

San Diego Chargers vs. New England Patriots (Bolts win, avenging last year's loss)

Indianapolis Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (Moderate win for Indy)

Third round

Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers (Bolts try to keep up in 1st half, but Indy wins by a considerable amount)

NFC:

First Round

Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks (Inspired by last weeks victory, Washington moderately beats Seattle)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New York Giants (Giants pull a performance similar to last week's)

Second Round

Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys (Heartbreaking loss by a touchdown for Dallas)

Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Bucs try to keep up in 1st half, but Packers wins by a moderate amount)

Third Round

Green Bay Packers vs. Washington Redskins (Green Bay pounds Washington)

Super Bowl XLII:

Green Bay Packers vs. Indianapolis Colts (Brett Favre wins, and announces retirement... we think...)

Green Bay Packers: 31

Indianapolis Colts: 27

Total Points: 58

Ummm, I hate to break it to you, but if San Diego wins, they play Indianapolis, no matter what. So you'll have to fix your AFC bracket.

AFC:

Jacksonville over Pittsburgh

San Diego over Tennessee

New England over Jacksonville

Indianapolis over San Diego

New Engalnd over Indianapolis

NFC:

Tampa Bay over New York

Seattle over Washington

Dallas over Tampa Bay

Seattle over Green Bay

Seattle over Dallas

Super Bowl

Seattle (24) over New England (21)- 45 total points

2000Patch.jpg

AFC:

San Diego over Tennessee

Jacksonville over New England

Indianapolis over San Diego

Jacksonville over Indianapolis

NFC:

Tampa Bay over New York

Seattle over Washington

Dallas over Tampa Bay

Green Bay over Seattle

Green Bay over Dallas

Small Market Super Bowl

Jacksonville 21

Green Bay 19

40 total points

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

AFC:

San Diego over Tennessee

New England over Jacksonville

San Diego over Indianapolis

New England over San Diego

NFC:

Seattle over Washington

Tampa Bay over New York

Dallas over Tampa Bay

Green Bay over Seattle

Green Bay over Dallas

Super Bowl XLII:

New England 31, Green Bay 24

55 total points

VmWIn6B.png

AFC:

5) Jacksonville over 4) Pittsburgh

6) Tennessee over 3) San Diego

1) New England or 6) Tennessee

5) Jacksonville over 2) Indianapolis

5) Jacksonville over 1) New England

NFC:

5) New York over 4) Tampa Bay

3) Seattle over 6) Washington

1) Dallas over 5) New York

2) Green Bay over 3) Seattle

2) Green Bay over 1) Dallas

Super Bowl XLII:

2N) Green Bay (27) over 5A) Jacksonville (20)

Total points: 47

NFC Wildcard Round:

Washington over Seattle: The Seahawks are very tough to beat when they're on their game, but they've been very inconsistent this season, while the Skins have been red hot (NPI) of late. Simply put, I'm going with the hot hand here.

New York over Tampa Bay: The Giants stumbled a bit down the stretch, but seem to have recovered in the last two games. The Bucs, meanwhile, have gone cold since clinching the division. Their defense is top-notch, but will have their hands full against Eli Manning and company.

AFC Wildcard:

Jacksonville over Pittsburgh: The Steelers have already lost at home to the Jags, and are now without Willie Parker. This will be Najeh Davenport's last best chance to show he belongs in an NFL starting lineup, but I don't think he's up to it anymore.

San Diego over Tennessee: Not quite Secretariat vs. Zippy Chippy, but you get the picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFC Divsional Round:

Green Bay over New York: Eli will find the end zone, but not often enough to keep up with Brett Favre and the boys in green and gold. Ryan Grant can break loose for a touchdown at any time, from anywhere on the field, and I expect him to do that again here. Maybe more than once.

Dallas over Washington: Against any of the other wild-card teams I would have predicted a Cowboys blowout, but being the first playoff meeting between these arch-rivals in many years, I expect a barn-burner. The Skins might even pull off the upset if [1] TO doesn't show up and/or [2] Jessica Simpson does. :P More likely though, Tony Romo and the two-headed monster of Jones and Barber will more than take up the slack if Owens doesn't play.

AFC Divisonal Round:

Indianapolis over San Diego: The Chargers needed six interceptions thrown by Peyton Manning and a blown chip-shot Adam Vinatieri field goal to beat the Colts at home earlier this season. They won't have home-field advantage this time, and somehow I doubt they'll have such good fortune either.

Jacksonville over New England: Here is my "Upset Special". I have an awful hunch that the Pats' perfect season is going to go down in flames. It might not happen this week, but Jacksonville seems to me the most likely candidate to make it happen, even more so than the Colts. They've not played the Patriots this year, so they're still somewhat unknown to Bill Belichick and company. Also they don't seem to mind cold weather, and having won twice in Pittsburgh by now, they won't be intimidated by anyone. This may well be the '72 Dolphins' last best chance to finally break out the bubbly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFC Championship Game:

Green Bay over Dallas: Here's the big question of the game: Did Favre learn from the experience of the previous game in Big D? He tried too hard to make big plays on his own, and the Packers' offense suffered mightily from it. But when he got hurt, Aaron Rodgers was much more patient and methodical, and very nearly led Green Bay to a comeback upset. I'm betting that Favre doesn't make the same mistake twice and plays more like Rodgers did, and that the now-healthy Green Bay defense will hold Romo to no more than two TD passes. 24-20 or thereabouts.

AFC Championship Game:

Indianapolis over Jacksonville: As mentioned above, the Jaguars seem to do pretty well on the road in cold weather. Unfortunately for them, the Colts still play in a dome. The Jags' unlikely run goes straight into an Indy buzzsaw.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Bowl XLII:

Green Bay 30, Indianapolis 24 (54 total): Full disclosure - these happen to be my favorite teams in their respective conferences. Needless to say, I expect nothing less than a game for the ages. :notworthy: Storybook outcome: Packers win, Favre is voted MVP and then, like John Elway before him, calls it a career, leaving the offense in Rodgers' capable hands.

CCSLC signature.png

Pool standings are located at...

http://netquiddler.tripod.com/Pool.htm

What do those last two columns (win% and topten%) represent?
Okay. Win% is the chance that your entry will be the highest scoring entry. Top10% is the chance that your entry will be high enough to score in the top 10.

How was this calculated? I'm curious.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pool standings are located at...

http://netquiddler.tripod.com/Pool.htm

What do those last two columns (win% and topten%) represent?
Okay. Win% is the chance that your entry will be the highest scoring entry. Top10% is the chance that your entry will be high enough to score in the top 10.

How was this calculated? I'm curious.

I, too, would like to know.

(for what it's worth, I reupdated the standings, so you can refresh.)

Right now, there are 256 possible results of the eight remaining games. So I ran the computer through all 256 possibilities to get those percentages.

LvZYtbZ.png

The first round standings are now posted.

Much congrats to BCBoy, bills2005, gingerbreadmann, GoNordiques, HedleyLamarr, hormone, KennyRock, mac2, nwtrailtrekker, nyk, and The Mad Mac, the eleven people who picked a perfect Wild Card Weekend.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived