CCSLC NFL Bracket Pool

WJMorris3

Okay, I have the highest likelihood of finishing among the Top 10 (53.91%), but the sixth highest likelihood of winning outright (6.25%). Is it just me, or does that not seem to make sense to anyone else?

I see how that'd be confusing, but that could make sense. He said he simulated the outcomes of the remaining games a ton of times, right? Enough of your picks must have jived with his results to give you the best shot at the top 10, but maybe his simulation has a team you DIDN'T pick to get to the Superbowl getting to the game more often than not. Let's say you picked Indy and Green Bay, but what if his sim has New England getting to the Superbowl in 70% of the sims? Even though you may have gotten certain games right more often that not(Indy beating San Diego, Green Bay beating Seattle, etc) I'd say getting one of the 2 Superbowl teams different from the majority of the sims could affects your winning outright percentage. And if you notice, nwtrailtrekker has a completely different 2 teams getting to the Superbowl, I wonder if the simulations had New England and Dallas way more often than Indy and Green Bay?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, now I have to step in.

Right now, there are 128 possibilities left. Seven games, two possibilities of a winner in each, so 2^7 = 128.

To give an idea of simple percentages at the moment:

Chance of any team winning the Super Bowl: 12.5%

Chance of any Super Bowl matchup: 6.25%

Chance of any team beating any other team in the Super Bowl: 3.13%

What has happened is that some people have picks where they are practically win or bust - either they'll win the pool or they won't place. Others might have a better chance to place, but not much of a chance to win - I've seen cases where the leader going into the Super Bowl had no chance of winning.

LvZYtbZ.png

Now six perfect entries left. (Same link works as in above post)

All perfect entries also have Indianapolis and Dallas winning. That said, if Indianapolis and Dallas both win, we will have at least one perfect entry going into the Super Bowl.

LvZYtbZ.png

My champion was elimated yesterday. Game over for me. This probably also means we'll get a rematch of Super Bowl XXXI.

My entire Superbowl matchup was eliminated, heh. I went pretty heavy on the favorites this weekend, my only upset special was Jacksonville over New England. I shoulda seen the Giants' win coming but what really blew me away(and it seems a few others too) was the San Diego upset of Indy. Talk about a bracket buster.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• 3 weeks later...

Archived