Coyotes wearing white at home tonight vs. Avs

elliott

They are wearing the home whites for 6 games this season, here's the schedule that was posted on the icejerseys.com boards.

Monday, Sept. 17 versus Colorado Avalanche

Saturday, Oct. 27 versus Dallas Stars

Saturday, Nov. 24 versus Toronto Maple Leafs

Monday, Dec. 31 versus Colorado Avalanche

Thursday, Mar. 6 versus Montreal Canadiens

Tuesday, Mar. 25 versus San Jose Sharks

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

Many teams, at least from what I know, where white at home occasionally because either the jerseys are wet and overused in the past few days, and the phtographers need more pictures of them in those colors, although the second I am not sure about. This is also used vice versa, with darks at away games.

The only team that should wear dark at home is the Canadiens, with the vintage blue-striped whites worn when forced into white. The rouge, blue, et blanc is so iconic that is should be used as often as possible, just like the Cowboys' whites.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Stars and Wings wore white at home tonight. too.

Detroit is in red at Chicago.

Just make it white at home!

Sadly, we have to wait for Bettman to get off this "merchandising horse" before that'll happen.

Stars and Wings wore white at home tonight. too.

Detroit is in red at Chicago.

Just make it white at home!

Original 6 game. Home team always wears white in one of those match-ups. (My understanding. No proof to post. Feel free to dispute it.)

But, I too, agree white should be worn at home with darks away. Dark alternates (when they come back next season) could be optionally worn at home.

Archived