Montreal Canadiens 100th Anniversary

Bruins4Life

O.K. Apparently I was having a bad day or something yesterday and I pissed a few people off! My apologizes go out to those! (JP & Avery to name a few)

As I was going to do a Or6 team concept anyway...and I kept getting dogged that my original post wasn't a "concept" worthy one, I tried to rectify that! And so without further a due...I give to you...a Montreal Canadiens Home Jersey Concept complete with 100th Anniversary patch! I like how it turned out. Nice and simple, clean lines, nothing to flashy to take away from the original Habs feel of it all!

montrealcanadienshomeconn2.jpg

And...oh ya hey...I know this may be off on a total side note, but....what about a crazy idea of having a outdoor game for there 100 year celebration?? What do you think??

A simple wallpaper if anyone wants it...can be found below!

montrealcanadiens100thatp5.jpg

That isn't outdoors.

That can still have the roof removed can it not?? If so it would as outdoors as any other stadium gets!

Or what about it Davies Park?

Davies Park (Westminster South/Ainslie Ave.)

Named for Mr. Edgar Davies and Mr. George Davies who, for many years, operated Davies Brothers, a grocery store located at 56 Westminster. They were very active in the community at that time. This park was previously named Edgar Davies Park and South Park.

Features: John A. Simms Community Centre, Park chalet, 2 Outdoor rinks (in winter)

The past two outdoor games have been at Football stadiums, providing huge crowds. Any such games in the future will undoubtedly need to be hosted in similar venues. Olympic Stadium in Montreal is by no means a viable venue. In 1998 a non-retractable roof was installed, and due to continuing problems the city is looking into demolishing the stadium (since there are few events that it used for, no more Expos, and the Allouettes play at the University)

It would be honourable to hold it in Montreal, but there really isn't a place to play that would be on par with Edmonton and Buffalo's games. Edmonton had 53,000 in attendance, and there were over 73,000 people in Buffalo for the game today. I have no doubt that fans in Montreal could fill a stadium that size, but does such a site exist?

doesn't the Montreal Allouettes play at the campus of McGill University? There is no way it can be played there?? Forget that dump the "O"

They do. Mcgill U, or Molson Stadium has a capacity of 20,000. You'd need a bigger crowd in order to justify the cost of running an outdoor game. I can just imagine what it cost to put together the game at Ralph Wilson today. They can get 20,000 into the Bell center no problem, so why go through the extra expense and hassle to have the same sized crowd outside in uncontrolled conditions?

That isn't outdoors.

That can still have the roof removed can it not?? If so it would as outdoors as any other stadium gets!

Not sure if it can be removed...it might fall down though!!

On the subject of outdoor games. The prospect of Detroit hosting one was brought up on today's broadcast, so what better place to host an outdoor game in the Detroit area than THE BIG HOUSE! Michigan Stadium! If you want to break the attendance record, what better place than the biggest capacity stadium in the country? And with the small field (American football), plus the lack of extra endzone and sideline space around the field, the ice wouldn't look too small or out of place.

What do you think? Red Wings-Blackhawks? 2009? 110,000 people?!

No more outdoor games. If my team was presented with the opportunity, I would be 100% no, no question asked. It seemed like at the Winter Classic game today, that every 5 minutes they were fixing divots. What if you were Pittsburgh's GM or coach, and Crosby catches one of the divots in his skate and blows his knee(s) out? I honestly wouldn't take the chance of that happening to my star player.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

As far as I see it right now, Montreal is one of the very few cities that I would like to see an outdoor game in, but know it's never going to happen. Now if Montreal arranged a deal so that its at a neutral site or even as an away game (such as the Heritage Classic in '03) I would support it. It has to be against an Original 6 team though.

I do indeed like the logo, which was the original reason I came in here any way.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

There is going to be a huge celebration for this in Montreal when it rolls around! It was mentioned during the Winter Classic telecast today what other cities would like to have a outdoor game, Detroit amongst others being listed. And then they mentioned Montreal would like to have one sometime and it occurred to me why not for their 100th Anniversary celebrations! An outdoor game vs. Boston or Toronto!! I mean how jammed packed would that be?? And what a perfect tribute to that Anniversary by having an outdoor game! What do you think??

montrealcanadiens100thatp5.jpg

It's kind of cool, but yet really boring. I think they can do better.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Does anyone else think they could have come up with something a little more classy for the Canadiens? I could have designed that, and I can't even draw a stick figure properly.(Note: I could not have actually designed that).

As for the idea of an outdoor game? I'd love it, but I agree it would have to be in a football stadium. I was gonna suggest where the Alouettes play but 20,000 would not be enough capacity. I think a Canadiens-Maple Leafs outdoor game in at least a 60,000+ venue would be great.

But seriously... how about a classier logo for when that all goes down? :P

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Yo jpspazshot, the concept here isn't about the teams Logo for the anniversary (I just thought Habs fans out there might like a wallpaper size one to display) as much as it's a pitch for having an outdoor game in Montreal for their 100th Anniversary! I just thought it would be a interesting idea and was wondering what people thought!

Now, people are allowed to not like the idea of an outdoor game in Montreal and that's fine, everyone has an opinion, but what I wanted this pitch to do it did! It got people talking, bouncing thoughts back and forth, and posting those thoughts in this thread! About the concept of or idea of having such a game in Montreal!

You on the other hand want to argue the validity of where this post is and why?? Move on dude, if you don't have a comment about the "concept" of such a game, don't leave a comment at all!

:blink:

Oh really? Because we all know that a "concept" for an event fits EXACTLY into the definition of the concepts forum:

"The purpose of the Concepts forum is to share original logo and uniform ideas."

Buddy, you're wrong.

We realize it's not a concept for the logo... It's the fact that this isn't a concept.

In fact, that's exactly why slapshot wrote that.

Believe it or not, but "an interesting idea" is not a piece of graphic art. And certainly not a logo or uniform concept.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Look at the top of the page.

Do you see the following?

Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community > Sports Logos > Concepts > Montreal Canadiens 100th Anniversary

Yes, you do. Note how "Concepts" goes into "Sports Logos".

Now, do you see the following?

Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community > Interesting Ideas > Concepts > Montreal Canadiens 100th Anniversary

No, you do not.

Once again: "The purpose of the Concepts forum is to share original logo and uniform ideas."

Next Time, post it in the "Sports in General" section, cause - you know - there, we talk about sports, in general.

Newbie, Welcome to CCSLC.

P.S. They guy you just called a "spaz" is a Moderator. I assume you know what that title means.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

My apologies JP and Avery...I can fully see the error of my ways and want to wholeheartedly apologize! I promise the next time I am having a bad day I will take it out only on those that deserve it, like the little bastard, snowball throwing kids in my neighborhood, or anyone who likes Vancouver's new jerseys! JK...but no seriously...those are awful!!

My apologies JP and Avery...I can fully see the error of my ways and want to wholeheartedly apologize! I promise the next time I am having a bad day I will take it out only on those that deserve it, like the little bastard, snowball throwing kids in my neighborhood, or anyone who likes Vancouver's new jerseys! JK...but no seriously...those are awful!!

I apologize as well, for writing inconsiderately.

Enjoy your stay.

Enjoy your stay.

Alright alright...enough with the Oprah moments! lol :rolleyes: Whatcha think about the jersey! A change without changing too much!

Enjoy your stay.

Alright alright...enough with the Oprah moments! lol :rolleyes: Whatcha think about the jersey! A change without changing too much!

hahaha.

At least nobody's jumping on couches... haha

anyway...

Hm... I give you props for making a clean jersey.

What steps on the tradition for me, is the removal of the center stripe.

If you're going to make a 100th aniversary uniform, it's going to have to retain the Canadiens' famous stripe.

ACTUALLY... what you could do, is change this into an alternate uni.

Yes, we all know that there are no more 3rd jerseys in the NHL, but most of us have a feeling that the rule might take a hike.

So, for an alternate, change the Red to Blue, and the Blue to Red.

There's more, but that's all I can think of so far.

Archived