Hawaii Sugar Bowl combination

it has been widely known (speculated?) amongst Hawaii fans this week that the UH is gonna be wearing a new combination for tonights Sugar Bowl

the consensus amongst the fans is...

White Helmet

White Jersey

White Pants

but, all the practice photos from their week in New Orleans have them in their silver helmets. A gameday article in one of the local papers is reporting that the UH will at least have a White Jersey, White pants and White shoes, but does not mention anything as to what helmet. the article also states that it is indeed an all white combo (which to me indicates a white helmte as well) but it also states that the all white combo has not been done in four years... but to my knowledge, the last time we were in all white was 10+ years ago

i seem to think that our combo tonight will be...

Silver Helmet

White Jersey

Black Pants

which is something never done by the UH, which from a radio broadcast this past week is the case, the UH would wear something NEVER worn in the HISTORY of the program

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

since when do they have a white helmet?

when at home in Honolulu, they practice w/ the old white helmets from (i think) 10+ years ago (before June Jones), but nonetheless they practice in white helmets when preping for a home games

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

Well Hawaii is wearing silver helmets, white shirts, white pants. Georgia is indeed wearing black jerseys. I like the look and I guess since it's something the players pushed for it's cool that they will get to keep these after the game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Once again, I know I shouldn't, and I don't get why, but I love those black UGA jerseys. I just do.

And Hawaii in all-white is lookig eally sharp as well. Good look by both sides for the game tonight.

For some reason I thought Hawai'i has already worn silver/white/white. It is really weird that they are not wearing the tribal band stripe on the pants.

Agreed. That really makes it unique. So yeah, this is sort of a downgrade.

green-black-black

green-black-silver

green-black-white

silver-black-black

silver-black-silver

silver-black-white

green-white-black

green-white-silver

green-white-white

silver-white-black

silver-white-silver

silver-white-white

Pfft. This is the uniform I wanted to see:

artd.jpg

THIS...IS...HAWAI'I!!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They should always remember their roots ..... and as for Hawaii pulling out the different look , I would have in no way done that when you have 12-0 record with what you wear already stick to it .

they could have dressed up like the roman 9th legion and it wouldn't have saved them from the georgia bulldogs. no matter what they dressed in they were getting their asses handed to them by a far superior SEC team.if hawaii was in the SEC they would be closer to 0-12 than 12-0.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The only reason I can think that they went with that look was to differentiate their look from Georgia. Maybe they thought it would be easier for their quarterbacks to recognize which players were on their team. It looked like they called Nike at the last minute and got some plain white pants. They didn't even have the school's logo on the pants.

They should always remember their roots ..... and as for Hawaii pulling out the different look , I would have in no way done that when you have 12-0 record with what you wear already stick to it .
they could have dressed up like the roman 9th legion and it wouldn't have saved them from the georgia bulldogs. no matter what they dressed in they were getting their asses handed to them by a far superior SEC team.if hawaii was in the SEC they would be closer to 0-12 than 12-0.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Anyways, I would have preferred silver pants, not that it matters.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived