Hawaii Sugar Bowl combination

Pfft. This is the uniform I wanted to see:

artd.jpg

:wacko:

That looks like something out of a gay pride convention. Hawaii should have worn their normal uniform with the dark helmets and pants, but considering how badly they got spanked in that ugly silver and white set, maybe they'll scrap 'em.

At first I thought Hawaii was going to come out in all white (white helmet, jersey, and pants) due to the rumors going around and some of the Sugar Bowl merchandise at UH. Here's the white Sugar Bowl mini helmet for Hawaii:

UHWhiteHelmet.jpg

Hawaii also practices in plain white helmets at home. The players are free to decorate their helmets as they like.

hawaiipractice.jpg

Hawaii should have kept to their regular road uniform (silver helmet, white jersey, silver pants) instead of change up to something new. While the white pants looked OK, it seemed rushed as the kapa print was missing from the left thigh. I don't know if they're superstitious, but I'd stick to what works for you rather than change things up at the end.

As for the green jerseys, Hawaii hasn't worn them since changing from Reebok to Nike (although Nike sells both green and black replica jerseys for Hawaii). Green started off as the primary home jersey with the black jersey being the alternate. When Nike took over black became the primary home jersey replacing the green jersey entirely (the silver away scheme was introduced at this time, too).

The loss hurts, but it was one magical ride while it lasted.

That looks like something out of a gay pride convention.

June Jones, is that you?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

At first I thought Hawaii was going to come out in all white (white helmet, jersey, and pants) due to the rumors going around and some of the Sugar Bowl merchandise at UH. Here's the white Sugar Bowl mini helmet for Hawaii:

UHWhiteHelmet.jpg

As for the green jerseys, Hawaii hasn't worn them since changing from Reebok to Nike (although Nike sells both green and black replica jerseys for Hawaii). Green started off as the primary home jersey with the black jersey being the alternate. When Nike took over black became the primary home jersey replacing the green jersey entirely (the silver away scheme was introduced at this time, too).

The loss hurts, but it was one magical ride while it lasted.

If Hawaii used this white helmet, with the green jerseys from the Reebok days, and white pants with the tribal band on the leg, those would be the perfect uniforms for Hawaii (concept anyone?). I've always thought black isn't as good of a color for a team in Hawaii.

Too bad about the game--it was like the UH players were pau hana before the game even started.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

i actually wouldn't mind seeing an a larger version of the White helmet, and if they add the kapa band to the white pants, it would not object to an all-white combo... and please someone correct me if im wrong, but "pau hana" means (i think) finished, done, or end in Hawaiian

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

Yup, "pau hana" means done or finished in Hawaiian. Usually I hear it in the context of work or a job (i.e. after a long day of work one would tell their co-workers, "pau hana"). By the way things are looking now in Hawaii, the football program will be taking a huge blow with June Jones resigning (unofficially as UH administration hasn't confirmed receiving his letter).

Archived