Patriots 50th Anniversary Helmet

JamieRose

as some of us may know (not being sports nerds here at all), the New England Patriots will be 50 years old in a few seasons, and will most likely celebrate their 50th Anniversary. Well most teams on anniversaries wear straight up throwbacks for a few games. I was thinking to myself, "Hey sexy, what if the Pats modernized their original uniforms and such?".

this is what was spawned from my sleep deficit and my first day back to school after christmas break...

Patriots50thConceptHel.png

i like it, you?

TDZiMMB.png

as some of us may know (not being sports nerds here at all), the New England Patriots will be 50 years old in a few seasons, and will most likely celebrate their 50th Anniversary. Well most teams on anniversaries wear straight up throwbacks for a few games. I was thinking to myself, "Hey sexy, what if the Pats modernized their original uniforms and such?".

this is what was spawned from my sleep deficit and my first day back to school after christmas break...

Patriots50thConceptHel.png

i like it, you?

I love your update on the Patriots' old helmet!

Ack, what's wrong with me - using "Patriots" and "love" in the same sentence?

Nice job!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Best helmet idea they ever had--not an over-detailed cartoon or stupid Elvis--and yet it had the shortest lifespan of all. I don't care what anyone tells me, Pat Patriot was one of the worst NFL logos of the modern era.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There it is. That's what the Patriots should be wearing. Very nice work.

I wouldn't go that far, but this would be a great idea for one game. They could combine with a red version of their current uniforms, plus white versions of their current pants, and play 1 game at Fenway Park, because their first home, Nickerson Field, holds about 12 people. They could also play the game at Alumni Stadium, home of Boston College and the third home of the Pats, should Fenway be too small.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I wish they were always called the Boston Patriots. Boston teams are New England teams. It's basically implied. Really, it just sounds so much better.

I don't want to get into the city/team nomenclature argument any further, though, because there's no new ground to cover.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That would be a pretty sweet look for their 50th season. It would be real sharp if matched with some sort of red jersey.

well i made this concept quite some time ago, to be used as a regular alt, but it could also easily work in this scenario

PatriotsAlternate2.png

and about them playing in Fenway, I had also had that idea for a while, but i'm not sure they could fit the field back in the stadium the way the bullpens are set up these days..

TDZiMMB.png

I think that this looks really nice! I've been waiting to see the Pats try something else for a bit. I've got a concept in my head for a revamp, but it'll be a bit before I post it. As far as critique, I think the numbers need to be a tad bit smaller, then after that it will be perfect. Keep up the great work! I'd love to see a uni with this concept.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

and about them playing in Fenway, I had also had that idea for a while, but i'm not sure they could fit the field back in the stadium the way the bullpens are set up these days..

That would make it just that much sweeter. In order to score on that side of the field, you have to leap over the right field fence.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

That would be a pretty sweet look for their 50th season. It would be real sharp if matched with some sort of red jersey.

well i made this concept quite some time ago, to be used as a regular alt, but it could also easily work in this scenario

PatriotsAlternate2.png

LOVE IT. :D

Archived