US Olympic 2008 logo

jebi_ga313

Thats not bad. Hats off to Nike for not messing it up.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I have a tendancy to get excited about these sorts of things. However, I'll wait to see what kinds of things Roots comes up with (I hope again that Roots has both US and Canadian apparell), although, didn't the Hudson Bay Co. have some stuff last time?

Moose

I have a tendancy to get excited about these sorts of things. However, I'll wait to see what kinds of things Roots comes up with (I hope again that Roots has both US and Canadian apparell), although, didn't the Hudson Bay Co. have some stuff last time?

Moose

I'm sure they will.

Man, do I love Roots.

I wear a ton of their olympic tshirts to school, and on a daily basis I'm asked what "Roots" is.

Either that or someone starts talking to me about John Amos and Cicely Tyson...

Points to whoever picks up the reference.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I was actually at the US Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA last week. They had banners hanging around with the new logo but I mistook it for the US Track and Field logo. Still, pretty cool. I believe Nike will be providing uniforms for all but swimming and some of the lesser known Olympic sports that Nike wouldn't normally do.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

Moose

I believe the Hudson Bay Co. is chain of department stores (The Bay, Zellers) that owns the rights to sell the merchandise in Canada -- chances are I'm wrong.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

Moose

I'm sure they will.

Man, do I love Roots.

I wear a ton of their olympic tshirts to school, and on a daily basis I'm asked what "Roots" is.

Either that or someone starts talking to me about John Amos and Cicely Tyson...

Points to whoever picks up the reference.

You're in high school and you know who Cicely Tyson is? Did you social studies class watch Roots last February?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Moose

I believe the Hudson Bay Co. is chain of department stores (The Bay, Zellers) that owns the rights to sell the merchandise in Canada -- chances are I'm wrong.

That could be... Target stores sold Roots items here for the winter Olympics. I, however, thought there were a few items (hats?) that were manufactured by HBC for the last winter Olympiad... Anyone know if this is true for sure?

Moose

Moose

That could be... Target stores sold Roots items here for the winter Olympics. I, however, thought there were a few items (hats?) that were manufactured by HBC for the last winter Olympiad... Anyone know if this is true for sure?

Moose

Yes, I'm quoting myself here, but it appears Roots no longer is the official provider for Team Canada, as of Torino 2006. Here is a Press Release from the HBC's web-site to that effect...

Moose

The US Olympic Team Roots clothing for China looks like bad skater clothing that isn't selling even on the sale rack at Hot Topic or Spencers. The red and black communist Fidel Castro hat is a real classy touch for the US going into communist china.

The horrible design is one thing, but this is an unbelievable overuse of the color black. What happened to blue? Are countries not allowed to use their traditional colors while playing in the Chinese Games?

The US Olympic Team Roots clothing for China looks like bad skater clothing that isn't selling even on the sale rack at Hot Topic or Spencers. The red and black communist Fidel Castro hat is a real classy touch for the US going into communist china.

The horrible design is one thing, but this is an unbelievable overuse of the color black. What happened to blue? Are countries not allowed to use their traditional colors while playing in the Chinese Games?

I am pretty sure that what's on the Roots site is generic Beijing '08 clothing and not the official Team USA stuff.

BCBannersSig.png

I am pretty sure that what's on the Roots site is generic Beijing '08 clothing and not the official Team USA stuff.

I would have to agree. I think that they have those up for now, and the actual "Team Apparel" will show up a lot closer to the event.

Moose

I was actually at the US Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA last week. They had banners hanging around with the new logo but I mistook it for the US Track and Field logo. Still, pretty cool. I believe Nike will be providing uniforms for all but swimming and some of the lesser known Olympic sports that Nike wouldn't normally do.

Nike, TYR and Speedo will all have different suit combos for swimming. The caps should be identical this time around, but Nike and TYR have a tendency to try to brand their athletes as "Nike" or "TYR" instead of "Team USA."

The on-deck apparel will be pretty cool, with a new logo made especially for the swimmers.

Roots is listed as an official supplier, probably for opening/clothing ceremony gear. They most likely won't release these until right before the Games. I still liked the Nike designs that were on display. Mostly just warm up gear but not for any specific sport just had the USA Olympic logo

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

I would be glad if the US would stop using Roots as the official clothier. I don't recall anything US or Canadian that was really good.

I must respectfully disagree. The clothing Roots did for the ?98 Winter Games is one of the most iconic looks Canada has ever had. Seemingly everyone in Canada (myself included, until I found out how expensive they were) wanted one of those varsity jackets. [Roots.com]

Archived