Why did you choose your avatar

vicfurth

I chose my current one because 2004 is the tenth anniversary of Donkey Kong Country, the most graphically advanced game for Super Nintendo. Why did you choose yours? (and as bonus - if this is available to you currently - why did you put the specific phrase under your name? Mine ties in with the DKC theme.)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine's a Madden screen shot. I did all the CFL teams and several made up teams in Madden--this one matches my user name--it's my Madden version of the Stampeders.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

what avatar? i tried an Avs one but it didn't feel right, if that makes sense. i might try again with the pitcher cub that used to be my sig.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Cool. To me your having no avatar is kinda like your avatar. I remember that sig. You unveiled it right after the whole Steve Bartman deal. The way you said it wasn't his fault always made me laugh.

"He didn't play walkie-walkie or dropsie-dropsie."  :laugh:

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I change my avatar every so often. The one I'm using is from the CBC, but I have no idea what it is. I just randomly picked the picture.

It's part of the look for their weekday kids' programming--"Get Set fotr Life"

I just thought you were a CBC kid--well say hi to Michael & Alison for me!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Mine's the secondary logo for one the teams I play on, the Minneapolis Admirals.  I did the logo/jersey designs for the team.  It also corresponds to the first letter in my name here, of course.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Mine was Derrick Thomas, the best linebacker ever.

Right now it's Terry Tate, I was looking at that site they have set up for him and they had a bobble head doll for him so I decided to use the picture from their site.

"Pro Logo Viewer" means I like to look, but you're not likely to find me making any logos because I am to the maximum definition: "Artistically Challenged". It's just fun to see all the sweet logos you guys often come up with.

sig09.jpg

I've had a form of my avatar for as long as I can remember. I recently did it up nice and clean in Illustrator...before it was rasterized and pixelated. I'm thinking about removing that effect I have overlayed on it though. It just shows my love St. Louis and the sports teams. I consider changing it, but then realize I can't. That's me, sorta like my username.

I originally had "Most Faithful Fan Ever" under my name. I just don't know if it's possibly to believe in my teams in situations more than I do. It doesn't matter what they have to overcome (be it about 17 runs without getting one out in a 1996 NLCS game 7 vs the Braves or anything else...) I always believe they can do it. And if they don't I get crazy disappointed, but I'm right back believing next time.

Anyway, I changed it to "King of Consistency", because, well it relates better to this particular board. One of my major things with designs if having consistency throughout the design with outlines and what not. Just ask Mockba...

I saw that people had their favorite teams and cool logos as their avatar, and I couldn't pick jsut one, so I put a bunch of mine. My teams, my company, my fav logos, etc.

Anyone recognize my subline?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Mine is Triple-T "Terrible" Terry Tate... Office Linebacker. It's from one of the Terry Tate movies, "Terry's World", when he's talking about mind games. Similarly, my descriptive phrase (do those things have a name? From heretoforeonwards, I shall refer to them as 'watsons') plays along the same theme. I find the man and the entire ad campaign hilarious.

Interestingly, Terry is almost nothing like me. Sometimes I think it'd be fun to run around smoking people like Terry does, but then I wake up, remember I'm 5'7"-140, and resume my normal existence. :D

I used to have Homestar Runner as my avatar (who came up with the name "avatar" anyway? I hate that word. From now on, I shall refer to them as 'wilsons'.). In fact, he still runs on in my wilson on Fanhome.

If I get a better phrase for my watson, I may assume a different wilson. But until that happens, my current watson and wilson will remain.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Mine is Triple-T "Terrible" Terry Tate... Office Linebacker. It's from one of the Terry Tate movies, "Terry's World", when he's talking about mind games. Similarly, my descriptive phrase (do those things have a name? From heretoforeonwards, I shall refer to them as 'watsons') plays along the same theme. I find the man and the entire ad campaign hilarious.

Interestingly, Terry is almost nothing like me. Sometimes I think it'd be fun to run around smoking people like Terry does, but then I wake up, remember I'm 5'7"-140, and resume my normal existence. :D

I used to have Homestar Runner as my avatar (who came up with the name "avatar" anyway? I hate that word. From now on, I shall refer to them as 'wilsons'.). In fact, he still runs on in my wilson on Fanhome.

If I get a better phrase for my watson, I may assume a different wilson. But until that happens, my current watson and wilson will remain.

"If you kill the Joe', you make some mo'!"

Classic Stuf.

Archived