Why did you choose your avatar

vicfurth

Mine is for my favorite band, Yellowcard. If you've played Madden 2004, you've probably heard atleast one of their songs -- "Way Away", as it's on the games soundtrack.

I had only heard that particular song of theirs from Madden, and I was going to a concert that The Used headlined that had Yellowcard as one of their openers. I herad them, decided I had to have the CD and my liking of them went on from there.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's part of the look for their weekday kids' programming--"Get Set fotr Life"

I just thought you were a CBC kid--well say hi to Michael & Alison for me!

CBC kid? I was when I was a kid..... over a decade ago. I grew up with Mr. Dressup and The Friendly Giant on the CBC. But, I was more into the TVOnario shows from the 80's like Polka Dot Door and Today's Special.

I saw, I came, I left.

Middle Finger. Because i love each and every one of you...  :D

It'll probrally be changed soon, i go through avatars and sigs like nothing, switching from personal to favorite sports franchises (mostly Devils and Giants)...

The Marquee, i usually just try to put something funny up there. The one up there is from MST3K's "The Screaming Skull", when the retarded garderner Jimmy was introduced.

Crow: "Ahhh Jimmy, the Wide-Awake Nightmare"

struck me as funny...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

my avatar is just the Sabres 3rd logo done in blue, yellow and black.  The watson is the title of a song by a band called Fall Out Boy.

I'm probably gonna change my watson soon, but I can't think of what to change it to.  

It might be "Newest Battling Bishop" because I just committed to going to Ohio Wesleyan University in the fall.  Their mascot is the Battling Bishop. :)

P.S.  Yellowcard is great.

Didn't have one of my own, and didn't want to search for something, so I pick that, over there.

Suits me fine for now.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

My wilson is because of my love for the Cleveland Browns, I have thought about changing it, but Duke is on a winning streak right now and I don't want it to end.  My watson is just a classic quote I enjoy and some of my friends call me insane.  So, there you have it.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

I made my avatar myself from a really bad Nintento game. But it's so bad it's hilarious.  Read more about it here.

I toyed with using this:

http://www.biscuitsbaseball.com/images/crazydance2.swf

, but then I realize, nothing beats the Time?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I have mine cause of my love for minor league hockey and i think the Odessa Jackalopes have a kick ass logo.

If you guys have good internet searching skills you'll find i called the Odessa Jackalopes my favourite logo in a June 1998 interview with "SportMap Magazine"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

As of right now I don't think I have a wilson...or is it a watson?  Anyway I chose my avatar out of a list of pre-existing images.  The character is Noodle...she's the japanese guitarist for the Gorillaz...I like the band...and the character has always struck me as cool...so there you go.

FYI the term Avatar comes from Hinduism, its a term given to the mortal embodyment of a god. The term has since been adopted by the internet community to mean any graphic standin for the individual (anybody here remember the 3D avatar lounges of the mid-90s?).  Personally I'm rather fond of the avatar concept, which is why all of my gaming personas are under the moniker SavageAvatar.

Lastly...my signature is from MST3K's spoof of "Pod People"...every time one of the characters comes on screen Servo yells out "hazah!"

well I change my avatar all the time, currently it is the best cartoon ever, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I had pretty much all the action figures too, until my mom stabbed me and my bro in the back by selling them at a garage sale a couple years ago... Why? WWWHHHHHHYYYY!?!?!!?

And my quote down below is from an Incubus song, it was just stuck in my head for quite some time, and havent changed it yet.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived