Will the Titans wear their alternate pants

Blue Falcon

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the NFL is like the other sports leagues in not allowing teams to wear alternates or throwbacks in the playoffs. If that is so, which set of pants are the Titans going to wear? So many NFL teams have gotten around the alternate jersey rule by wearing up to 406 sets of pants, and this may be the first time a team with so many sets has made the playoffs.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

what u said about the other sports leagues not allowing teams to wear alternates is completely wrong.

look at the nba: the cavs wearing navy, suns wearing orange, heat wearing red, and much more

nhl: well, what alternates? But i'm pretty sure last year teams like the wild wore their alternates

mlb: the rockies with their magical black vests.

as for the titans, i'm hoping for light blue pants, but who knows.

i say go with lt. blue mono B)

EDIT: Nvm

They can't, the Chargers are the home team and will wear blue jerseys.

I say go with light blue pants, white jersey. :)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I thought the NHL had a rule that alts couldn't be worn in the playoffs...unless they wore them ALL the time. The Bulls never wore their black alts once in the NBA playoffs and I thought I heard it was because of some rule. I don't really count MLB in this due to the vests and BP jerseys and stuff.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I thought the NHL had a rule that alts couldn't be worn in the playoffs...unless they wore them ALL the time. The Bulls never wore their black alts once in the NBA playoffs and I thought I heard it was because of some rule. I don't really count MLB in this due to the vests and BP jerseys and stuff.

yes u are right about the nhl, and the fact that the bulls did not wear their alternates, but they could have if they wanted

I would anticipate that the Titans would wear white jerseys and the columbia pants.

as would i...

not sure if i'd even consider it to be alternate pants... they wear them more often than not.

and with good reason. the white/white/columbia combo is the team's best, and one of my favorites in all of football.

Oh duh.

Haha.

My badd. Totally didn't think about that.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm going to say the Titans will be in light blue pants.

I think the NFL doesn't care which "pants" you wear at any time during the season or playoffs.

I think the NBA doesn't care because the Nets wore throwbacks in the finals before and I'm pretty sure the Heat wore red and black on their last trip to the finals.

I think MLB doesn't care.

I think the NHL makes you declare one dark set and one white set.

I said I think, because I'm not 100% sure.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm going to say the Titans will be in light blue pants.

I think the NFL doesn't care which "pants" you wear at any time during the season or playoffs.

I think the NBA doesn't care because the Nets wore throwbacks in the finals before and I'm pretty sure the Heat wore red and black on their last trip to the finals.

I think MLB doesn't care.

I think the NHL makes you declare one dark set and one white set.

I said I think, because I'm not 100% sure.

the nhl used to care, like in 99, when the nhl told the stars if they wanted to wear the green jersey in the playoffs, it was the only dark jersey they could wear.

but last season, vancouver wore the vintage blue and green in game 7 of round 1, and in none of the other games...

The Leafs used to wear their old 3rd jersey with the vintage logo in the playoffs instead of their regular white jersey.

Of course that was back when they used to make the playoffs.....

Back on topic, Titans should wear their alternate pants, Chargers should wear the navy jerseys, and it wil lbe one good-looking game.

I'll be 100% honest, as the son of a die hard Oiler fan therefore I follow the Titans, I have never been a huge fan of the Baby blue pants. I think they look good with the whites, but not with the navy or with the baby blue jersey.

Now they are on the road, so I think that itd be ok. But where the Chargers use so much powder blue, I think that the Titans would be smart to wear either white or navy pants for this game to create a balance of light blue. I preffered the navy pants for the roads anyway. Thats just my opinion.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the NFL is like the other sports leagues in not allowing teams to wear alternates or throwbacks in the playoffs. If that is so, which set of pants are the Titans going to wear? So many NFL teams have gotten around the alternate jersey rule by wearing up to 406 sets of pants, and this may be the first time a team with so many sets has made the playoffs.

Well I think that you forgot as the NFL did allow the petition of the 1994 SF 49ers to wear the throwbacks in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Pants combinations are not what the league will look at sine each are official uniforms. Plus, doesn't the home team need to declare first?

There are no such things as "alternate pants".

They can wear whatever pants they want in the playoffs (or any time during the season).

I hope they go with the light blue. The Chargers will be in Navy jerseys with white pants, so white/light blue will be a nice contrast. Both teams have white helmets, with blue facemasks, and navy socks. They need some contrast.

Now they are on the road, so I think that itd be ok. But where the Chargers use so much powder blue, I think that the Titans would be smart to wear either white or navy pants for this game to create a balance of light blue. I preffered the navy pants for the roads anyway. Thats just my opinion.

The Chargers primary color is navy blue, not powder. They will be wearing navy jerseys against the Titans, so the only powder blue that they will have will be the outlines. For that reason, I think the Titans should wear their columbia pants.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived