Brooklyn Nets Concept UPDATED AGAIN

JWoods077

With the Nets set to move to Brooklyn I decided it would be fun to do a new logo and set of jerseys for the move... except I couldn't really tackle a wordmark for Brooklyn, so this would work for the Nets wherever they want to move. With the help of vector magic and some adjustments made in Illustrator I arrived at what's below. C&C def appreciated, since this is only my second concept.

Working Left to Right, Home, Away, Alt.

BrooklynNets-1.png

UPDATES BELOW

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

Wow. I am FEELIN' that old-school style. That is sweeeet. Nice logo, and especially great is the one on the right. That's awesome.

the only think I'm not sure about is the checker-style side panels, but that does make it old-school. Oh, and make sure to ALWAYS save in .png.

Great job bro... nice sig too! :P

Love the look here. The logo is great, but the only thing I don't like the third jersey. That Hawk's throwback style stripe looks like it's forced in there. Also, try New York instead of Brooklyn for the wordmark, that's what they were called in the old ABA. Nice to see a basketball concept, and good stuff so far!

These are nice. I actually hope when they move to Brooklyn they kind of go ABA, so its nice to see people thinking along the same lines. That shield logo's really cool, I can see it getting some nice use.

But, dude, you stole my initial and numbers. Not cool man. Not cool.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I Like This but I would,

-Darken up the colors it's very bright right now, and maybe too contrasting

-Add an outline to all the wordmarks, it would look a little bit more complete

-And I'm not lovin the number font, try something, idk, a little plainer.... This isn't really working for me. It matches the wordmark, a little too much. :P

Overall I'll give it a B

Great job.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I definitely like the darker colors better...

BrooklynNetsUpdate1.png

BrooklynNetsUpdate2.png

I'm not sure I like the barberpole type striping for the side panels, try using their current pattern, that'd make it look pretty classy I think.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

BrooklynNetsUpdate1.png

BrooklynNetsUpdate2.png

I'm not sure I like the barberpole type striping for the side panels, try using their current pattern, that'd make it look pretty classy I think.

I hadn't really thought of that, but that would be a better idea I think.

BrooklynNetsUpdate1.png

BrooklynNetsUpdate2.png

I hadn't really thought of that, but that would be a better idea I think.

Yeah, "nets" and all. haha

but i think that the wordmark would be really nice with the "net" pattern.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

meh, the argyle is TOO unc-ish for me...keep with just the diamond pattern that NJ has established. As for the rest of the concept, i like it alot, the colors are nice and the logo is nice too...try this tho: add "New York" or "Brooklyn" to the logo and maybe try to make a BROOKLYN or NEW YORK wordmark for the alt jersey or the away jersey.

there is no way that NBA will let New Jersey Nets back into New York City,so forget Brooklyn Nets becoming reality,i do like uniforms and main logo so why not just put new jersey instead of brooklyn as city they play in .

Isn't their arena in Brooklyn being built as we speak?

there is no way that NBA will let New Jersey Nets back into New York City,so forget Brooklyn Nets becoming reality,i do like uniforms and main logo so why not just put new jersey instead of brooklyn as city they play in .

The NBA desperately wants to have a presence in NYC that isn't a complete joke. Given that the Knicks will leave complete joke status approximately the same time that Philip J. Fry thaws out of cryofreeze, they will allow the Nets to move.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic.....Pretty good, although part of me wonders if you should play up the "Brooklyn" aspect of their identity a little.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1) Articles are your friends.

2) I was unaware that New Jersey was a city. In my day, it was a state.

3) Brooklyn isn't a city either. It's a borough.

4) The Nets are moving to Brooklyn. The NBA has already approved it and the city is on the cusp of telling the Nets that they may begin construction.

5) You win the "Comma Splice Award presented by Allstate." Allstate: Are you in good hands?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived