2008 NFL Playoffs

rainmaker17

"And Seattle didn't put Washington away until the Redskins' backup QB Western Unioned Seattle a couple TDs."

Let's not forget the rookie lineman, the muffed kickoff recovery, the missed 30 yard field goal...yeah, blame the backup.

It's a post-season win. It doesn't matter how Seattle won. What matters is they won.

Until next week.

When they lose.

Oh well....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re Tennessee-SD:

1. Titans fans have to see VY as a disappointment so far. He was awful in that game, missing wide-open receivers again and again.

2. Why in the world didn't Jeff Fisher go to Kerry Collins? Their season was on the line and VY was NOT getting it done.

Vegas is giving the Jags + 11 1/2 ? Gimme some of that!

Jags upset the Patriots this week...you read it here first.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You don't need to have a great team, just be better than the team on the other side for ALL 60 minutes. It seemed the Hawks slowed down thinking it was won and Skins fought back. Hawk fans know all too well about letting games similar to this slip away, but they fought back to finish the game. I want them to have the ball, and they will score! lol Its the second season and the debate of a weak division or not is in the past. Hawks have been in the playoffs for 5 straight years and 4 straight division banners and are in the last eight alive so far. Nah, they don't know what they're doing do they?

2000Patch.jpg

Re Tennessee-SD:

1. Titans fans have to see VY as a disappointment so far. He was awful in that game, missing wide-open receivers again and again.

That tends to happens with qbs drafted at the 3 spot. At least VY got the titans to the playoffs, Akili Smith and Joey Harrington have yet to experience the playoffs. One of them isn't even in the league anymore and the other one is on the University of Atlanta Falcons.

Re Tennessee-SD:

2. Why in the world didn't Jeff Fisher go to Kerry Collins? Their season was on the line and VY was NOT getting it done.

This guy still is in the league? I rather give VY the experience.

Re Tennessee-SD:

Jags upset the Patriots this week Patriots tame Jags...you read it here first.

FYP.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Re Tennessee-SD:

Most people would rather take their best shot at reaching the next round of the playoffs. IMHO of course.

At least you're not defensive and hypersensitive about Vince and the Titans. B)

Re Tennessee-SD:

Most people would rather take their best shot at reaching the next round of the playoffs. IMHO of course.

At least you're not defensive and hypersensitive about Vince and the Titans. B)

i understand what you are saying. its extremely valid. But if they go ahead and put Kerry Collins in, that sends a no-confidence message to VY. Im not sure if that is a good thing for him. Especially him being a young qb who i think is an awsome talent and will be a very good qb for the titans for years to come. He got them to the postseason, and the titans need to see how he reacts to the playoffs. They have a good team but its not a given they will be in the playoffs. So they probably are thinking instead of putting collins in, who does not guarentee a victory any, lets not waste this season and see what they got and how he reacts in the playoffs. He then can take from this experience and use it to build on next year. now if in a few years he goes in the tanks then yeah, then you do something at that position. I still think once they are healthy and they get him the proper pieces, he will take off. The problem is everyone expects greatness out of the gate because of the BCS game, his draft ranking, media hype etc. He just needs time to develop. sometimes it takes qbs a while to develop. Even talented ones like him. i think in the long run it'll help him and the team. however if he shows no signs of development, then yeah you do something else and lable it a bust and move on.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Unless I missed it here or in another thread, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hines Ward's "let me drag you by the facemask and draw a totally bogus interference penalty" play. Can't believe he got away with that. It was brilliant but I lost some respect for Ward. I thought he was above blatant cheating.

Heard on the radio that this weekend marks the 92nd meeting of the Cowboys and Giants...but their very first in the post-season. Pretty incredible even if they are in the same division.

It's shocking that NE are 13-point favorites. If I was a betting man, I'd grab me some of that.

My prediction: Jags win straight up. If they can run and control the clock, they have a great shot at an upset 'cause Brady and Co. can't hurt you from the sidelines.

Heard on the radio that this weekend marks the 92nd meeting of the Cowboys and Giants...but their very first in the post-season. Pretty incredible even if they are in the same division.

Well, prior to sometime in the mid or late 1980's (the exact year escapes me), if two playoff qualifiers were from the same division, they were prohibited from meeting in the playoffs prior to the AFC/NFC title games.

nav-logo.png

Unless I missed it here or in another thread, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hines Ward's "let me drag you by the facemask and draw a totally bogus interference penalty" play. Can't believe he got away with that. It was brilliant but I lost some respect for Ward. I thought he was above blatant cheating.

It's shocking that NE are 13-point favorites. If I was a betting man, I'd grab me some of that.

My prediction: Jags win straight up. If they can run and control the clock, they have a great shot at an upset 'cause Brady and Co. can't hurt you from the sidelines.

As great a player as Hines is, he's actually gotten away with quite a bit more of that type of stuff (although maybe not NEARLY as obvious as the above mentioned infraction) in the past couple years. It's just flown below the radar quite a bit. BUT...most (if not all) of the great players do seem to get away with "a push here, a shove there, a lil' tug here, a lil' pull there", so...

...And by the way, I thought I was the first to predict a Jaguar victory. But...in going back and looking at the time/date of the post in which you first called a Jaguar victory and my post in the "Weekly Predictions" thread predicting the same, you beat be by a lil bit.

Either way it go, it seem to be us against everyone else so far, in regards to that matchup.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not sure what their record is against the spread, especially recently, but I do know they've had trouble covering the (ridiculous) spreads of late.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not sure what their record is against the spread, especially recently, but I do know they've had trouble covering the (ridiculous) spreads of late.

Which is the only the Patriots can't cover... while other teams can't seem to cover Randy Moss.

I saw, I came, I left.

Wow what a start for the Hawks.

Times two, huh? Perhaps they want to take that guy Grant out. It's not working for him.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Somebody wake up Green Bay.

And tell Ryan Grant to stop playing like a n00b.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived