Minnesota Wild

Krona

Another update with some of your comments worked into the design. I also beefed up the lettering, making it a bit bolder.

Minnesota-Alt-2.jpg

That looks fantastic, only thing I'd do is cut down on all the outlines-the star is yellow, so I'd say it doesn't need any outline, and I'd drop the yellow outline on the lettering, just to simplify and clean it up. But this is pretty much what I've always thought they should go with as a secondary. Great work.

That state logo is absolutely wonderful. Fantastic. Superb. And all the hyperbole it deserves.

Just one thing, though: You need the top nub on the state of Minnesota where the Lake of the Woods is. That's a big source of pride with Minnesotans because it's the northernmost point in the continental U.S.

• 4 weeks later...
Another update with some of your comments worked into the design. I also beefed up the lettering, making it a bit bolder.

Minnesota-Alt-2.jpg

AWESOME! My only suggestions would be to get rid of the "MW" part of the logo, increase the height of the trees and increas the size of the North star so it is still breaking the barrier of both sides of the state silouette. On its own I think that would be understated yet dynamic..just my 2 cents

The state outline looks really off for some reason.

IAWTC, but I like the direction.

I'll fess up. i stole the Twins' Minnesota shape. I used an accurate shape of the state and it looked way too busy. this one was much cleaner and "read" as Minnesota. But I agree, when I first put them side to side, I was shocked at how much was left out. I figured what the hell, if its good enough for the Twins......

AWESOME! My only suggestions would be to get rid of the "MW" part of the logo, increase the height of the trees and increas the size of the North star so it is still breaking the barrier of both sides of the state silouette. On its own I think that would be understated yet dynamic..just my 2 cents

(Sorry, threadjacking.)

That makes it sound like an idea I did years ago:

orig-aurora-sm.gif

Which eventually got changed around and used as a logo for a team I played on for a few years called the Aurora:

aurora-logo.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

(Sorry, threadjacking.)

That makes it sound like an idea I did years ago:

orig-aurora-sm.gif

Which eventually got changed around and used as a logo for a team I played on for a few years called the Aurora:

aurora-logo.png

well done! but I just have to be a critic, after all is that not what everyone does here? lol on the first one I love it but the river part seems a bit out of place...the triangular swipes,the north star and the trees I think would do it. Awesome job though have you ever thought of letting the Wild know about it? Maybe it would help beautify the UGLY jerseys they went with instead of their original nice ones.

Archived