BCS Championship Game

infrared41

Being a Hurricane fan and going to Youngstown State at the time, it is in my blood, for the rest of my life, to wish nothing but misery to come to the Buckeyes. I just don't think that the bucks play a tough enough schedule to warrant a championship birth. That's just my .02 so for the record...Geaux Tigers!!?!?! I don't want to turn this into a dispute about the way the Canes were jobbed or how it's not OSU's fault they are in it etc. I'm just saying that for me, they are one team I hate...that and living in PA makes it impossible for me to wish good things on an OH product.

You go to YSU and don't know the difference between 'birth' and 'berth?' Wow. Glad I didn't go there (as I'd wanted to).

/Grew up in Youngstown area

nav-logo.png

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's time for....ANTI-SUCKEYE TIME!

LSU 27, Ohio State 7 (If I had my way, it would be 69-0 LSU).

Suckeye? Wow that is damned witty. Did you come up with that yourself? Then to throw in a "69"-0 score, it just isn't often that we see that kind of wit around here. Well done. Great humor is so rare these days.

And as always, Buckeye Nation thanks you for your support.

<_< Well, at least I can understand this bit of sarcasm. Most times, sarcasm is not understood that well.

Either way, I'm sticking to my guns: Tigers 27, Buckeyes 7.

It's time for....ANTI-SUCKEYE TIME!

LSU 27, Ohio State 7 (If I had my way, it would be 69-0 LSU).

Suckeye? Wow that is damned witty. Did you come up with that yourself? Then to throw in a "69"-0 score, it just isn't often that we see that kind of wit around here. Well done. Great humor is so rare these days.

And as always, Buckeye Nation thanks you for your support.

<_< Well, at least I can understand this bit of sarcasm. Most times, sarcasm is not understood that well.

Either way, I'm sticking to my guns: Tigers 27, Buckeyes 7.

At least you're a good sport about it.

BB52Big.jpg

Though my allegiance will be with OSU, I'd personally not care about who wins if the game went into, say, a 7th or 8th overtime. It'd be cool to me if the final was something like 63-62. Drive the TV powers that be absolutely bonkers (the NCAA doesn't allow TV to air commercial breaks during overtime). Drag the game out for an extra hour or two. High scoring. High drama. Get everyone watching frustrated as hell. It'd be great.

nav-logo.png

Kansas' only loss was to the number 2 team.

LSU loses to an unranked Arkansas team who got killed in their bowl game.

OSU loses at home to a four lose team who got killed in their bowl game.

USC lost to Stanford....enough said there.

KU > LSU, OSU, USC

:D

Who was that number 2 team again? O yeah.

Mizzou pretty much dominated KU until the fourth.

Mizzou dominated Arkansas who in turn beat LSU.

Mizzou beat Illinois who in turn beat OSU.

Mizzou > LSU, OSU, KU

The Tigers should of been holding up that bowl of oranges. <_<

EDIT: My prediction: LSU-23 OSU-17

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. You got killed by OU after talking a bunch of smack...both your players and fans. Wanna know why you got left out of the party? Your fans. They didn't want your lowlife fans in Miami because of their reputation, especially since Virginia Tech was the opponent. I could only imagine the signs with Vick references and god forbid something making fun of the shootings. Hell, you guys can't even get 5,000 for your basketball team. They all spend time bitching about KU. Now excuse me, I'm going to have a big old glass of orange juice.

12-1 with a BCS bowl win > 12-2 with a bowl win over a barely ranked team without a coach

hearing about the sec's "dominance of college football" from espn (when i get to a bar or somewhere with espn since i no longer have cable) > hearing about the second bcs title for THE ohio state university from people i'll see everyday (growing up around cincy you make a lot of buckeye friends. was pretty awkward the first time we watched michigan/osu together)

that being said...and i' can't believe i'm about to say this...

:cursing: the sec. go bucks.

hearing about the sec's "dominance of college football" from espn (when i get to a bar or somewhere with espn since i no longer have cable) > hearing about the second bcs title for THE ohio state university from people i'll see everyday (growing up around cincy you make a lot of buckeye friends. was pretty awkward the first time we watched michigan/osu together)

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't believe I was pulling for Michigan, but I was. Look at it like this, it's all for the greater good. Kinda like when The Klingons became allies with The Federation in Star Trek.

:censored: the SEC. GO BIG 10! GO BUCKS! WAY TO GO BLUE!

BB52Big.jpg

Kansas' only loss was to the number 2 team.

LSU loses to an unranked Arkansas team who got killed in their bowl game.

OSU loses at home to a four lose team who got killed in their bowl game.

USC lost to Stanford....enough said there.

KU > LSU, OSU, USC

:D

Ummm....no.

LSU also kind of beat VT (aka KU's only "victory of note") like a rented mule/drum/a band of natives facing a Nineteenth Century European Colonial Power.

-------------------------------------------------

Sadly (from a Midwestern perspective) LSU 28, OSU 20

Go Werewolves.... :wacko:

I'm just hoping for a good game, and wish we had a, well, you know, the "P-word"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't believe I was pulling for Michigan, but I was. Look at it like this, it's all for the greater good. Kinda like when The Klingons became allies with The Federation in Star Trek.

:censored: the SEC. GO BIG 10! GO BUCKS! WAY TO GO BLUE!

I feel the same way but for the opposite conference. I went to an SEC school. :censored: the Big 10. Go SEC, Geaux Tigers!!

LSU 31 - OSU 24.

I live in Cleveland. I am an Ohio State fan. (Of course) I think Ohio State will win a close game. I don't think they are the over-confident, irrogant group from last year. They thrive as an underdog.

Ah Yes!! Isn't all of this bantering just "GREAT" for College Football?!! Who needs this "decide things on the field" crap?You know... LSU And OSU have nothing to be sorry about. I accepted the fact that the Ohio State loss to Illinois basically was their chance whisked out the door. Then a funny little thing happened on the way to the BCS Title Game. Other teams lost... then the stars aligned and LSU vs. OSU is the result. Fair... ? Probably not. Well, OK... NO! I think ANY combination of 2 teams would have been unfair.

When you include "Rivalry Games" and the "Any Given Saturday" mentality... any team can lose. You need to have some sort of Play-Off. The lower Divison Schools do it. After what I saw of the major bowl games... it's obvious who the best teams are. There are quite a few. I would love to now be looking forward to Georgia vs. VW and then USC vs. Kansas... or something like that.

When Ohio State or LSU wins, they'll be #1 based on some funky mathematic formula. OK, Great. It doesn't mean that they are better than ALL of those other teams. Who can REALLY argue that they are... or are not? Are they better than USC, Georgia, Kansas and VW? I don't know... let them all duke it out.

I wish I saved that "Sportsnation" map that they ran with the poll question, "Did the BCS pick the right teams for the title game." Only Louisiana and Ohio thought so.

Personally, I don't blame the OSU fans for supporting the status quo...it's they only way they could even come close to the championship game this year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

rams80, at the very least, they did the right thing and put two conference champions in the title game. No matter what, two conference champions should be involved in the BCS title game.

I do not care if a team is 12-0. If they did not win their conference, they do not deserve to be there.

LvZYtbZ.png

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

O...H.....

...N...O

Go SEC!

Agreed. Though I can never look at LSU the same after they lambasted my Bulldogs 45-0 the first game of the year...geaux Tigers.

I wish I saved that "Sportsnation" map that they ran with the poll question, "Did the BCS pick the right teams for the title game." Only Louisiana and Ohio thought so.

Personally, I don't blame the OSU fans for supporting the status quo...it's they only way they could even come close to the championship game this year.

I've actually heard a lot of my friends and family who are mostly Ohio State people say that they are in favor of a playoff. Even my father who had been a staunch supporter of the "regular season is a playoff" system has seemed to come around to the idea that a 4, 6, 8, 12, or even 16 team playoff would be much better than the current system. We are closer to a playoff now than ever before and if next season is like this season (and I think alot of playoff supporters are hoping it is) then we'll be much closer. A few more years of parity filled college football with so many upsets and losses that determining the two best teams will be impossible and the powers that be will have to finally come to their senses and form a playoff.

To come back to your post, I don't think that alot of Ohio State fans support the status quo. It's true that a playoff would probably have resulted in OSU not playing in the NCG but Ohio State fans are also fans of college football and want what's best for college football. Clearly right now what's best for college football is a playoff. Think about it, once a playoff is installed we'll wonder why they never had one before, we'll look back at the pre-playoff era as the dark ages and enjoy the event at the same level that we enjoy the NCAA basketball tournament or the NFL playoffs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived