New helmets in play today?

FSUViking

I noticed a lot of players wearing a new style helmet today in both the high school all-american games. I've only ever seen Redskins RB Mike Sellers wear one in like it in the NFL, and nobody in college. It looks sort of like a hybrid of the Revolution and the DNA helmet, but the top bar on the shell dips down a little bit almost forming a large bullring. Plus, on the sides, there is a weird rectangular shape above the earholes.

They look pretty cool. Just noting it, is all.

There are a few more NFL players that wear em. I believe it's the Schutt ION helmet.

orig_ion_4d-webXL.jpg

I know a few NY Giants wear them. And Mike Sellers of the 'Skins does wear one. As well as Steve Heiden of the Browns.

Brandon Jacobs

Amani Toomer

Mike Sellers

Steve Heiden

Steve Heiden (throwback helmet; very interesting)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Added more pics to my post; there's one of Steve Heiden for the Browns, in the Throwback helmet. Looks very interesting.

I really like this helmet though. Maybe even moreso than the Revolution.

I always thought the Schutt DNA was hideous, this is beautiful. :D

Added more pics to my post; there's one of Steve Heiden for the Browns, in the Throwback helmet. Looks very interesting.

None of the new links work.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Dang. They work on my computer. Maybe it's because they're direct links to a GettyImage.

Dang. They work on my computer. Maybe it's because they're direct links to a GettyImage.

That's probably why.

In fact, that IS why. haha

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

That's probably why.

In fact, that IS why. haha

Shhhhh! Don't tell Getty.

But I'll upload em to photobucket in a minute.

First thing I thought of was Lacrosse helmets.

sprtAllLacrosseSports_Helmets_Cascade_2_Lacrosse_Helmet_C21-resized200.jpg

helmet_right.JPG

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

These are the most hideous things I have ever seen! To me I think the Authentic Riddel helmets are among the best, the Revolution ones aren't too bad, but these Schutt Ion's? I think they're extremely ugly. They look like something off of Halo.

heiden1.png

heiden2.png

I don't even know what to think of those. :P

I do...

redrangerhelmet.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I believe that there already was a thread about these helmets earlier this season.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

i never thought i'd say this... i actually really like them... im with fsuviking up there when it comes to the revos... they suck, i hate the way they come down along the jaw and i hate the horrible facemasks like peyton manning and reuben droughns wear... these look alright to me, i like how the facemask is attached to the helmet and i dont think theres anything horribly wrong with the design... which, again, i think is weird because as far as helmets go, im kind of a traditionalist... you cant beat a good ol helmet like most players wear [like tom brady] and in my opionion the best facemask is the 3-bar running back style [see michael vick, priest holmes, sorry i cant think of any more current players] and the basic 2-bar rb [like brady]... ladainian tomlinson and lorenzo neals new facemasks are absolute atrocities

Archived