New helmets in play today?

FSUViking

I'd like to know how you switch out the masks. There are screws on the front, but the sides don't show any. Anyone know how the system works?

I think you pry off those black things on the sides. There are screws under there I believe.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I like them a lot more than the Revolution style. Those make me want to puke when I see them. You couldn't design a safer helmet that looks better than that? Bleh!

Yes, in the form of Schutt's Air Xp

I honestly don't see why someone would use any other helmet. Safest helmet out there with classic looks. I know a couple of the Giants must be using them thanks to Joe Skiba and Paul Lukas :P

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to know how you switch out the masks. There are screws on the front, but the sides don't show any. Anyone know how the system works?

I think you pry off those black things on the sides. There are screws under there I believe.

The Ion only has screws above the mask in the front tab. The sides are held in place by rubber ports that aid in shock absorption. When you unscrew the top, you have to hold onto the shell and pull out the sides 'cause they hare held in very tightly in the ports. My trainer took a look at it and liked it. I like, but at $290 a pop, I seriously doubt that I'll get more than 4 or so for next season. The main problem is that with the XP, you do not need to buy masks 'cause it uses traditional masks. A lot like the DNA, the Ion has it's own mask and you would need to keep those in stock thus killing my budget. It's small enough as it is.

dodgers-1.png

Archived