NFL ReColor Helmets

jPHat_sports

I guess it would be by division, right? Correct me if I make any really bad selections:

Bills and Dolphins

Patriots and Jets

Ravens and Browns

Steelers and Bengals

Jaguars and Texans

Colts and Titans

Broncos and Chiefs

Chargers and Raiders

Giants and Eagles

Redskins and Cowboys

Packers and Bears

Lions and Vikings

Panthers and Buccaneers

Saints and Falcons

49ers and Seahawks

Cardinals and Rams

How'd I do?

EDIT: I just realized that there may be better ways of pairing them. I did the biggest rival I could think of in the division; however, for divisions like the NFC East, everybody is a rival of the Cowboys. I just put Cowboys with Redskins because it's the bigger rivalry, but Giants and Eagles isn't as big as Giants and Cowboys or Eagles and Cowboys. Same thing with the NFC North; Lions and Bears is good, and so is Vikings and Packers, but I put Bears and Packers together because it's the bigger rivalry. The other way, however, fits much better.

Thanks. I'll get started on these... :D

@lbr218 - thanks for using my Knicks userbar :)

I don't see the point of posting recolors and I think all of these are "downgrades." HOWEVER, since the kids here dig it, I'd like to offer one suggestion. Since you use the same number of colors, you should match how the colors are used, dark when the other used dark, light when the other used light. Otherwise, you get all kinds of strange looking combinations that no one would ever submit because you couldn't make out what the hell the decal was.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't see the point of posting recolors and I think all of these are "downgrades." HOWEVER, since the kids here dig it, I'd like to offer one suggestion. Since you use the same number of colors, you should match how the colors are used, dark when the other used dark, light when the other used light. Otherwise, you get all kinds of strange looking combinations that no one would ever submit because you couldn't make out what the hell the decal was.

This 40 year old kid really likes this helmet project. :D

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I second that.

I also agree that they would look better light-to-light, dark-to-dark, rather than supplementing colors to look more like the original helmet. For example, the one that does not resemble the original is Baltimore Ravens, switched with the Atlanta Falcons but using red. This is actually NOT the same as dark-to-dark or helmet variation, but it looks better.

So I would say to use discretion as to which looks better.

haha i didn't know it was yours i went on a userbar website and searched for knicks... it was my favorite one! hope you don't mind that i didn't get your permission.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

haha i didn't know it was yours i went on a userbar website and searched for knicks... it was my favorite one! hope you don't mind that i didn't get your permission.

Don't worry about it. That's the whole reason for making userbars, so ppl can put them in their sigs

...When I saw the gold and black helmet, I nearly threw up in my mouth. Not because it was bad-looking (actually it was pretty sharp-looking), but because it was an Atlanta Falcon in black and gold. ULTIMATE SIN. :P

That being said, idk why but I'm a fan of recolors. I know they don't take that much skill, but they're always cool to look at.

My favorite is still the Bengals, but I like the Texans, Bills, and Lions as well.

But the 9ers and Rams have one of the longest running rivalries in the NFL. They've been hating on each other since the 9ers joined the NFL in 1950.

That's exactly what I said. Who cares if the Rams aren't in California anymore, it's still an AWESOME rivalry.

Sorry, Ramsfan told me that was the bigger rivalry and I forgot to edit my post. It looks like I gave some bad information.

My punishment is having to see those beautiful Packers colors spoiled on those detestable Bears (although neither one looks that bad in each other's colors*). And I really like how you made some of them work, especially ones like the Bengals, where you had to spread out the colors rather than refine them.

*Don't tell anyone I said that.

EDIT: I had to edit this to say that the Vikings is an improvement. The Falcons, Seahawks, Cowboys, Bills, and a few more look really good too.

Archived