MLB Redesign Project

GetCrunk

As a group of "conceptioneers", maybe we could redesign each MLB team's unis - but with a twist.

I will start the game off by giving two team names and a color scheme.

One person will pick one of those teams and do an original concept using that color scheme and an original design. To futher enhance the "originality", I'm going to say that no team concept will use any color that is currently in their real scheme. When that person is done with that concept, he posts the name of another team (that hasn't been done yet) to go along with the team name that was unused from before. Then another person picks that concept, does it, posts it and adds a new "second team". Eventually, we'll have all teams represented, all with colors that aren't in their real color scheme.

For example, this is how it might go:

I submit the first two teams:

Tampa Bay Rays

Seattle Mariners

I submit the color scheme of Cleveland Cavliers Gold, Miami Heat Maroon, and Black Someone will make a post saying he'll do it (he doesn't even have to tell us what team; it can be a surprise). But it's imperative that he does tell us so that someopne else won't start doing it also. If you enter a post saying you'll do it, it is a good idea to go back and read the thread again to make sure that someone didn't manage to claim it first; we should honor the first person to claim it. So please don't claim it unless you have time to start it within a day or two.

When he's done, the person will post his concept. Let's say he "concepted" the Rays. On the post immediately following his concept, he submits The Rangers and a second team, let's say the Pirates, along with his color scheme, let's say Purle and Gold. Then someone claims it, etc. etc. All concepts should be numbered, stating with #1, so we can keep track of how many teams have been redesigned so far.

Ya'll wanna do this? I'll start the ball rolling:

Teams:

Tampa Bay Rays

or

Seattle Mariners

Color Scheme:

Miami Heat Red, Cleveland Cavs Gold, White.

Credit to OldRamsFan for thinking of this amazing project :]

Color choices DONT have to be from the MLB.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should, I think we should PM him and see if he was going to start this anyway.

EDIT:: Just read the NFL thread, he said it was okay for one of us to start an MLB thread, and GetCrunk was first to pick up on it. I think OldRamsFan is doing an NCAA Div. 1 post also, which seems pretty cool.

That all being said, I say let's go for it, I'll take the Rays I suppose.

:blink:

Those gold unis would make me barf if they ever were real

But still white one looks good.

Haha, I know. I tried to make 'em look good, and that was the best they came out. I also tried a simple grey, but that looked too forced. So I went with gold, tried (and apparently failed :P) a Padres style uni.

Great job on the Rays concept. I love those colors together, maybe a red alt?

Thanks, I may attemp a red alt. tomorrow sometime. I'll post it tommorow if I get it done.

Here we go. Since they're probably gonna change their name when they move into the new stadium, here are the Miami Marlins! I used an art deco font and numbers and came up with brand new primary and cap logos. Enjoy!

marlinsgroupconceptck5.gif

Next Team:

Oakland A's

-or-

New York Yankees

in Orioles orange, old D-Rays green, and Jays slate blue

Good Luck!!

Just bumping this up. I don't want to see it die so early! I don't necessarily want to have to be the one to tackle the Sox or Yankees in those colors, but I will if I have to!

...also, a suggestion, when you pick a team like the Cardinals or Orioles etc., try to include some kind of red and orange respectively. Not having the color the mascot of the team actually is will no doubt make the concept look crappy, as cardinals are not blue or green. This sort of happened with the current two teams. It'll be damned hard to do the RED Sox or the REDs without using red. I think since this will happen a lot with the MLB, this project should be more about the designs, with slight color modification. The "no team will have any of the colors it really has" rule has already been broken with my Marlins one, as aqua and orange(sort of, they use it on merchandise) are Marlins colors, and this happened several times in the NFL project. Well that's my two cents, and hopefully this one takes off like the NFL one did! I'm interested in seeing what everyone can come up with!

trying to spit this our pretty quick to keep the ball rolling, here are the royal, yellow, and green yankees. enjoy.

Yanks_Logo.png

Yanks_Home.png

Yanks_Away.png

Yanks_Alt.png

now for the next teams, choose the Boston Red Sox or the Cleveland Indians using Phillies' Throwback Maroon, Orioles Orange, and Giants Beige. Have fun.

...also, a suggestion, when you pick a team like the Cardinals or Orioles etc., try to include some kind of red and orange respectively. Not having the color the mascot of the team actually is will no doubt make the concept look crappy, as cardinals are not blue or green. This sort of happened with the current two teams. It'll be damned hard to do the RED Sox or the REDs without using red.

This isn't my thread, of course, but my opinion on this is that the wild color choices is one element that makes these group projects so much fun. For the NFL project, for example, "realism" wasn't really my goal - experimentation and fun were what it was about. I thought it was pretty fun to see the Browns without even a hint of brown in the entire uniform.

The thread starter may have had a different vision for the MLB project, and if so, that's cool. I'm just giving my opinion here.

Here we go. Since they're probably gonna change their name when they move into the new stadium, here are the Miami Marlins! I used an art deco font and numbers and came up with brand new primary and cap logos. Enjoy!

Next Team:

Oakland A's

-or-

New York Yankees

Good Luck!!

That is a great new Marlins Logo , great job . I like it 100 times better than there current logo .

Even though this is not there current colour scheme , i sort of like it for them .

Awesome job man ...

This isn't my thread, of course, but my opinion on this is that the wild color choices is one element that makes these group projects so much fun. For the NFL project, for example, "realism" wasn't really my goal - experimentation and fun were what it was about. I thought it was pretty fun to see the Browns without even a hint of brown in the entire uniform.

Yeah I know, I was just thinking you could pick 2/3 wild colors and keep one similar to something that could work with both suggested teams. Either way it is fun to see the wacky combos, but it just won't make any sense to see a yellow cardinal or something.

Next Team:

Oakland A's

-or-

New York Yankees

Good Luck!!

That is a great new Marlins Logo , great job . I like it 100 times better than there current logo .

Even though this is not there current colour scheme , i sort of like it for them .

Awesome job man ...

Thanks! At first I thought it was funky but these colors have grown on me. They fill the purple and teal void left by the D-Backs I guess lol.

Archived